IGNORED

2005 AtariAge Holiday Sale and Holiday Cart!

Albert

I will write a review for PO! after I get a little deeper into it.

I wish more people would write reviews (even short ones) for the store. It's really hard to find feedback about some of the homebrews there.

987520[/snapback]

I always try to although I just looked and noticed I didn't for 2 of my favs; Thrust+Platinum and Marble Craze but at this point is there anybody who doubts their greatness?

I would like to see more people write them too though even if they are negative. That can be helpful too I think.

Hi there!

Hm... while I like a lot of them, I sorta feel too involved to write reviews about homebrews... :lol:

Greetings,

Manuel

987566[/snapback]

I hear ya, I wrote a review for Astro Invader on the CV but I only did the manual/box so I didn't consider it a conflict to write about the gameplay.

I've done a couple. Although I contribute a lot of the label art and manual design, that has little to do with the actual program (which I have little or nothing to do with) so I guess I can be pretty impartial.

That said, I may have reviewed from the point of view of someone getting the game for free ;)

Hey, all. I'm new here.

Man I didn't know I what I was starting when I dug out my old Atari 7800 and games and started playing again.. soon after I found atariage.com.. not much later I was discovering that I could order NEW homebrew Atari games! This is outstanding news to me.

I had to be sure all the Christmas obligations were taken care of before I could place my order, but yesterday I finally ordered Star Fire, Fall Down, and Reindeer Rescue (#178)!

I have next week off of work and I will hopefully be enjoying these new carts during much of it. Now that I have discovered you can try many homebrews out via roms, I already have my next purchase planned: Thrust+ Platinum. I have a feeling I'm going to be buying lots of these games.

Your fellow addict,

tricky

I will write a review for PO! after I get a little deeper into it.

I wish more people would write reviews (even short ones) for the store. It's really hard to find feedback about some of the homebrews there.

987520[/snapback]

I agree, would be nice to have more reviews of the various games. Perhaps I can come up with a way to inspire people to write reviews after they've had a chance to try their purchases out. :)

..Al

I agree, would be nice to have more reviews of the various games.  Perhaps I can come up with a way to inspire people to write reviews after they've had a chance to try their purchases out.  :)

Free stuff? :ponder:

;)

987988[/snapback]

I'm sure tons of reviews would get posted then, but they'd probably be a bit biased. :)

..Al

Hey, all. I'm new here.

I had to be sure all the Christmas obligations were taken care of before I could place my order, but yesterday I finally ordered Star Fire, Fall Down, and Reindeer Rescue (#178)!

Welcome to AtariAge! You chose very well, you're going to love all those games.

Hey, all. I'm new here.

Man I didn't know I what I was starting when I dug out my old Atari 7800 and games and started playing again.. soon after I found atariage.com.. not much later I was discovering that I could order NEW homebrew Atari games! This is outstanding news to me.

I have next week off of work and I will hopefully be enjoying these new carts during much of it. Now that I have discovered you can try many homebrews out via roms, I already have my next purchase planned: Thrust+ Platinum. I have a feeling I'm going to be buying lots of these games.

Your fellow addict,

tricky

987625[/snapback]

Welcome aboard! Those are fine choices sure to please even the most discerning addict. :) Yes, there are lots of new games for the 2600 thanks to some very dedicated Atari afficionados, which makes it quite possibly the coolest system to collect for. Whoda thunk 20 years ago we'd still be able to buy new games for our favourite system in the new millennium?

:D :D :D

Got my Reindeer Rescue yesterday!

But now my wife wants to wrap it up and make me wait till Christmas morning!!

I told her she couldn't do that because I bought it myself, but she insists that I bought Sea Battle, SeaWolf, and Climber 5..... Reindeer Rescue was free and therefore must be a Christmas gift!

:?

Love her anyway, though.

:P

Thanks, liveinabin & Mindfield, for the welcoming words. I'm really looking forward to trying out my new games and I hope I get lots of time with them during my holiday break next week. I've been constantly checking my order status to see if they've shipped yet. *checks again* Still says "Processing". :)

Will I get an email notification when they ship?

I'm planning on going to buy an Atari Flashback 2 after Christmas, if I don't get one as a gift, so I'll have some new games one way or another!

Take care,

tricky

I put my order in yesterday and got Crazy Balloon, Strat-o-Gems Deluxe, and the reindeer rescue cart. Along with a couple of coaxial adapters.

It would be nice to see some percentage figures on how much gross sales increase because of this sale, I would say it is quite significant.