IGNORED

2005 AtariAge Holiday Sale and Holiday Cart!

Albert

I had to wait until post holidays to place my order in the possible (however unlikely) event that the girlfriend/fiance scooped up a copy without telling me. I also grabbed the Ebivision 5-pack and Koffi the Copter. I wanted a bunch of other homebrew items, but that was pretty much the limit of my funds.

Lastly, I like the idea of a homebrew game being modified/upgraded as the xmas cart. I passed on the '03 cart because it appeared to be more of a technical demo, while cool -- just isn't hitting high on my priority list.

I ordered ever so late, will my cart be the last one? ;) I don't really care much about the SN -- it is what it is.

Hex.

[ That's a nearly unstoppable combination -- like mixing liquor AND beer. . . ]

I bought Reindeer Rescue, and am going to wait to buy some more, but I do plan to get more in the future. I got this one now since it won't be available anytime later. I wasn't sure what to expect from these homebrew games, but Reindeer Rescue I find to be thoroughly enjoyable! I'm still working on level 3, though at least I got the piece of the sleigh in level 2. I've only played it twice so far, btw. I'd play it more, but I must rest up for work. Anyhow, I gather by the flyer that making these games isn't illegal, as I thought they might be at first. I'll definitely get Adventure II sometime - the first one's pretty cool, so I can only imagine what a sequal would be like, done right!

I bought Reindeer Rescue, and am going to wait to buy some more, but I do plan to get more in the future. I got this one now since it won't be available anytime later. I wasn't sure what to expect from these homebrew games, but Reindeer Rescue I find to be thoroughly enjoyable! I'm still working on level 3, though at least I got the piece of the sleigh in level 2. I've only played it twice so far, btw. I'd play it more, but I must rest up for work. Anyhow, I gather by the flyer that making these games isn't illegal, as I thought they might be at first. I'll definitely get Adventure II sometime - the first one's pretty cool, so I can only imagine what a sequal would be like, done right!

989723[/snapback]

Yep, definitely legal. These are original games being produced by Atariage for the programmer. I can't wait until my Reindeer Rescue arrives, but that will probably be in the new year.

I can't wait until my Reindeer Rescue arrives, but that will probably be in the new year.

989732[/snapback]

All orders through yesterday with exception of any that include "Adventure II" are shipping today. if you're order didn't include Adventure II, then it'll be going out today, but since you're in Canada I think the odds of you receiving it before the new year are not good.

All Strat-O-Gems orders are shipping today!

..Al

Speaking of Adventure II, I need to get a power adaptor for my 5200, or I'll never get to play it, or any of the other 5200 games I've gotten since the adaptor went awol. I was told once that it takes a 12 volt, 1 amp adaptor. Is it true that I can get one someplace like, say, Radio Shack? By the way, the programmers here have inspired me to make my own homebrew sometime. I've just hoping at this point that someday someone will figure out how to program SNES roms - I figure I'll need at least SNES level power to make the type of game I have in mind.

Speaking of Strat-O-Gems, when will the final label for it be revealed? (Seems to me there was a contest associated with that...)

(And everyone should really buy a copy of Reindeer Rescue. Even if you've already bought one. Buy another. It'd make a great gift for next Christmas.)

I ordered mine just a few seconds ago. It was a real toughie to pick just two homebrews to buy (budget and all...). I did get Thrust + Platinum, but was bummed to see that the foot pedal controller isn't available anymore - or did I just not know where to look? I would love to find one of those...

I gotta stop being so late with everything all the time. I smell a new Year's Resolution... when I get around to it. :)

Got #186 today. :)

I am also pleasantly surprised by the variety of Holiday tunes included in the game's code, plus the feature to turn them off when I get tired of it. :D

Kudos to all involved with this game. It was the only homebrew I could afford right now and I didn't want to miss it so I'm glad I got it.