IGNORED

Got the new RETRO GAMER!

It's back, with a nice, professional Imagine Publishing layout and content by many of the same writers as the last round. Subscribers to the old magazine are getting the first 3 issues of the new one for free. The first relaunch issue is all about the Spectrum. No more cover disc, cheaper price. Depending on what it will cost, I might just have to renew this.

I'm on my way home to read it now. We're supposed to get hammered with snow tonight ...maybe I'll be able to stay in tomorrow and play some of these games!

Man, i'll be looking pretty hard for this one. I've been checking Barnes and Noble occasionally, hoping that i'd spot it. I've had to fall back on my second favorite UK magazine, Games™. More specifically, the retro section in the back of the mag, which the new Retro Gamer magazine is supposed to be like. I've heard that the editor of Games™ Magazine's Retro section will be working for Retro Gamer, which suits me fine.

• 1 month later...

Nice to see it return. I really like the new layout too, except for some very narrow text rows on some pages. It’s certainly better than the old layout and good riddance to the cover cd. I just bought the second issue here in Sweden. I wonder if I dare to take out a subscription…

Borders has it also. It looks great. I like that it doesn't have the disc because I disliked paying for something that I knew I wouldn't use. It costs $11 at the store and I think a subscription makes it 6 pounds per issue (about the same prize). It is expensive, but well-done.