IGNORED

Vertical Fine Scroll - Help?

Cybernoid

You could even use pokey timer IRQs to trigger the colorchanges on the screen, instead of DLIs. If you configure them correctly you can let them happen at regular timings independent of the Display list scheme that moves when you change your vscroll. (but it would sacrifice a squarewave generator for music :( )

this sounds good. can you post a video again? that would be cool...:D and the "sync code" is top notch code... ;)

984273[/snapback]

I'll post another video as soon as I fix a few things. As I mentioned, I fixed the bottom, then proceeded to try to fix the top. That broke the whole display.

So, it is currently not working properly (I am in the process of fixing other bugs too), but when I fix it, there will be another video.

It is top notch sync code. Thanks! :D

You could even use pokey timer IRQs to trigger the colorchanges on the screen, instead of DLIs. If you configure them correctly you can let them happen at regular timings independent of the Display list scheme that moves when you change your vscroll. (but it would sacrifice a squarewave generator for music :( )

984356[/snapback]

Hey, good idea. I am not sure if I am going to have much music in the background yet, or just some sound effects... so this method may be useful...

As requested by Heaven, I am posting a new 3-minute video of the new scroll engine at work. Thanks to Adam (Powrooz) who designed the graphics and also created a huge map in Charpad, I now have an impressive video.

The new code is using the WSYNC-offset-by-the-VSCROLL code for the top line dli, and I found that if I put 8 blank lines at the bottom of the screen (ANTIC byte 0x70), then this does not scroll and actually covers the bottom of the screen issues). This is very cool, I wished it worked at the top. You still need to set the last line of the active playfield region to not scroll, but it works...

This video shows the game loading data from the game server, and new "walk under chars" logic for the walls. There are still some scroll issue at the screen memory boundaries, but that can be worked out...

New display list looks like:

5800: 8 BLANK
5801: 8 BLANK
5802: DLI LMS 503d VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
5805: DLI LMS 506a VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
5808: DLI LMS 5097 VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
580b: DLI LMS 50c4 VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
580e: DLI LMS 50f1 VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
5811: DLI LMS 511e VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
5814: DLI LMS 514b VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
5817: DLI LMS 5178 VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
581a: DLI LMS 51a5 VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
581d: DLI LMS 51d2 VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
5820: DLI LMS 51ff VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
5823: DLI LMS 522c VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
5826: DLI LMS 5259 VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
5829: DLI LMS 5286 VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
582c: DLI LMS 52b3 VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
582f: DLI LMS 52e0 VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
5832: DLI LMS 530d VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
5835: DLI LMS 533a VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
5838: DLI LMS 5367 VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
583b: DLI LMS 5394 VSCROL HSCROL MODE 4
583e: DLI LMS 53c1 HSCROL MODE 4
5841: DLI 8 BLANK
5842: 1 BLANK
5843: LMS 5480 MODE 2
5846: LMS 54a8 MODE 2
5849: LMS 54d0 MODE 2
584c: LMS 54f8 MODE 2
584f: JVB 5800

doavid6.zip

very well done!!!!! thanks to charpad... ;) the new "standard" windows 8bit-level editor... ;) i guess he had it from Boinxx...

btw...where is my 5th colour? ;)

988220[/snapback]

Yup, charpad rules... makes it very easy...

It is there... it just happens to be the same as the 4th color at the moment. :)

Don't worry, just trying to get the scrolling done with simple characters... then add in P/Ms for colour. in due time. int due time.