IGNORED

Atari Ad Scans?

StanJr

I recently bought a decent sized comic collection with a lot of comics from the early 80's. Needless to say these comics are chocked full of great Atari ads. If anybody is interested in SCANS of these (particularly Albert and Alex) let me know so I can scan them in before they get lost forever in my massive comic book collection.

Off the top of my head I recall a TRON ad, and a Star Wars TAG ad.

Any takers?

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

Off the top of my head I recall a TRON ad, and a Star Wars TAG ad.

Any takers?

Hell yes! Any Atari-related ads you can scan at a reasonably high resolution would be great! We need to know what comic each ad comes from (name of comic, issue #, date if it has one) and what page the ad appears on.

Thanks!

..Al

Ok. I'll get to scanning tomorrow night. What resolution do you need?

Ben, I think there may have been one or two Pitfall ads, but I'm not sure, they are harder to come by. Not a lot of Activision ads in Marvel Comics, mostly PB, Atari, and M-Network. But if I come across one, I'll let you know.

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

Ok. I'll get to scanning tomorrow night. What resolution do you need?

We'd like to get them at least 200dpi, and any higher (like 300dpi) would be better. However, I understand that those files will be huge, and we can make arrangements other than email to get them to us if you have a high speed connection. And failing that, if you have a CD burner you can always mail them to us (and I'd be glad to compensate you for the cost of any CDs you burn plus shipping).

..Al

Looking back I'm finding a lot of PB ads, a Kool-Aide Man ad, and some other stuff. It would probably be best to burn them and send them your way. I'll let you know.

Ben, no Pitfall's yet. But I think I recall seeing one somewhere...

I can look.. I have a small collection of the indiana jones comics.. it is a full set so it should have all the ads that were contracted to Marvel from like.. 82 (or 83) to 85.. ( i do remember the back cover of one is super cobra.)

Once I get moved and my puter back set up I will start to work on that as well.. if a bunch are up at that point.. I can see if there is anything I can add