IGNORED

Group Buy of Joe Grand's 4K EPROM PCBs

NorbytheRobot

Does anyone want to go in with me on an order of Joe Grand's 4K EPROM PCBs They are the ones that take the old 2732s and a 7404 inverter. I want to get about 200 or so. I have made nearly 100 carts with them and they work well.

Don't worry, I already talked to Joe about it and he doesn't mind that I am soliciting for a group order.

So far we are in the $2/piece range. Really I am looking for people who want to buy at least 20 or so. If you just want one, go ahead and give Joe a break and buy one from him

This is his pricing:

1 - 24 @ $5 each

25 - 49 @ $4 each

50 - 99 @ $3.50 each

100 - 249 @ $3 each

250 - 499 @ $2 each

500 + @ $1.25 each

I have been using 2732s. I don't know if they work with 2532 because I am not familiar with that flavor of EPROM.

As for a cheap EPROM programmer, most of the simple ones I looked at new cost $100+, but most DIDN'T support the 2732. I found an old programmer (circa 1982) for about $50 by searching with google. eBay is a bit of a crap shoot. It is all about researching the programmer carefully to make sure it does what you need it to.

Hi all,

I've been away for awhile due to a catastrophic motherboard failure. Since I'm usually just lurking anyway I'm sure no one noticed mt absence, but it's good to be back.

NorbytheRobot - I would be interested in more of Joe's boards, especially if I can help knock the price down for everyone. His boards get an A+ rating from me.

Cassidy - They use only a 2732 eprom. That's cool because 2732's are easier to find. (and cheaper)

If you need a cheap programmer and you have a vintage computer laying around, I have one I would sell cheap. Email me for details if interested. It won't work on a computer faster than a 386, but it will program most common 24 and 28 pin eproms up to the 27512.

Chuck