IGNORED

What 360 games are so great anyway

msaeger

Tonight I got to deliver a pizza to some guys camping out overnight outside a bestbuy so they could get a 360 in the morning. There were three tents with about a half dozen people I saw. Keep in mind I am in Minnesota and the overnight temp will be 0 or lower.

What I wanna know is what 360 game do people want that bad. I usually buy consoles at launch and have even went to the store at midnight for a couple but I don't see any 360 games that I want. Kameo is the only one I would get and it doesn't get me that excited even. Are people just getting wrapped up in the hype maybe ?

If you have an Xbox 360 this Christmas, it's a guarantee that you'll get offered ass. 11 year old boy ass, that is. Unless you are a member of NAMBLA, you don't want that, so you might want to calm down and get out of the cold. Go home and reexamine your life and try not to stand in line unless you are waiting for government cheese. That stuff is deeeeeelicious! :woozy:

I'll try to buy an Xbox 360 this spring or summer when The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is released.

I got a 360 on launch day and I am very happy with it. The Live integration is fantastic. I have Quake 4 and PDZ. I have to admit that I find Quake 4 to be more enjoyable. But, PDZ has really good coop play. It is a coop experience unlike any I have ever had. I also have had Halo 2 since it was released but never took the time to play through it. With the combination of adding a powered sub to my surround system and playing the game upscaled to 1080i I sat down and played all the way through it and it looked (and sounded) awesome. I am enjoying my system very much.

I can't think of any game or system I would be willing to sleep on a sidewalk in 0 degree weather for.  Yeah it's hype, and not much more.  Since really 2 out of the 4 best games are on every system.

984638[/snapback]

I'd stay out on a sidewalk all night if Sega released "Dreamcast 2" or a new 16 bit system. Outside of either of those things happening, I'd just as soon wait for price drops and better libraies anyway.

The hype did help the release of the system, and it's enough for people to stand outside, in sub-zero temperature, to get one. And some of the games look really good. I was a fan of the original Xbox, and the 360 looks damn sexy with it's little blue light...blue light good...

Steve :D

The hype did help the release of the system, and it's enough for people to stand outside, in sub-zero temperature, to get one. And some of the games look really good. I was a fan of the original Xbox, and the 360 looks damn sexy with it's little blue light...blue light good...

Steve  :D

984775[/snapback]

I guess Best Buy got thier second huge shipment in and today was the day they were releasing it. I got up real early and got there before it opened and was surprised to see no line. so i go up to the door and everyone in the parking lot gets out of thier car and waits at the door with me. Then I learn that everyone else had been there in line and got tickets. Some had been there since 11 am the previous day!

I'm going to get it eventually, but when they come out with more games that I like. Like RPGs.

I know some people were there to get it to sell on ebay. Easy 400 bucks profit.

I'm just waiting for some true must haves for me. Since the graphics are not impressing me in the least. Unless they ahve an awesome sense of style, graphics pretty much never impress me. But they sure do impress average joe consumer. I have seen people gawking at how life like call of duty 2 looks.

Call of duty 2 looks far from life like, hell it looks only a slightly bit better than a regular x box game. This goes back to a phrase I know to be true, people will believe what they want to believe. If they want to believe a game looks like real life then they will, even if it really doesn't.

None right now for me. PDZ maybe. Hence part of the reason Im waiting to buy one. Maybe even waiting until Halo 3. Im waiting at least until the second revision of the console. Right now the devs still don't really know how to push a multi-core system and the games show this. Here in 6+ months the games will get much better graphics wise.

Edited by jeepnut24

This goes back to a phrase I know to be true, people will believe what they want to believe.  If they want to believe a game looks like real life then they will, even if it really doesn't.

984919[/snapback]

/action hands sega saturn x the "biggest truth of the year" award. :) :thumbsup:

This goes back to a phrase I know to be true, people will believe what they want to believe.  If they want to believe a game looks like real life then they will, even if it really doesn't.

984919[/snapback]

/action hands sega saturn x the "biggest truth of the year" award. :) :thumbsup:

985609[/snapback]

I too get sick of the it look like real life statements on video games. We all know what real life looks like and no video game looks like that yet. I'm betting it'll be at least a decade before we see something just like reality on a console. I remember my uncle saying Fifa on 3DO looked like real life soccer back in 1994. It's funny to think someone could make that statement on that game today.

Truthfully, I haven't seen anything to sell me the system yet. But, I really expected that. Most systems don't launch with a huge variety of titles, usually a FPS, fighter, racing and maybe football. I like to wait at least a year, so that there is a decent variety before deciding. Right now I'm certain I'll have 2 consoles the next gen - a Revolution and either a PS3 or a 360 (depending on their exclusives).

It might be nice and all, but for what it's supposed to be, it ain't all that. :!:

From what I've seen, I'd say that the 360 is about as far forward towards being next generation as the Dreamcast is behind the current. :P

As many have noted, we've only seen the first generation of games which are always poor relatively speaking. Fair point, but still, with all the hype and promise of next gen, they should have been better I think. Reading the technical hardware specs of the machine, we have legitimate reason to expect more. :|

--sarcastic mode on:--

Or are MS tech's really just that inefficient that it takes them 3 3.2GHz PPC chips to create something that, so far, is no better then a typical gamer's pc? :?

--sarcastic mode off:--

Ultimately, I think Sony could come out a head here. As they still have time to tweak the PS3 to make it a 360 killer. Assuming they don't pull a Sega Saturn and cobble together a bunch of hacks & patches at the last second. :ponder:

End every sentience with a smiley. ;)

I tried to get a 360 before Xmas, mainly so my step brothers kids would have it to play when they came to visit. Now that they have come and gone. I'm not going out of my way to get one. (I was stopping by places like daily for a bit) I think I'll just wait til March when Morrowind comes out. Really not too much is catching my eye anyways. If Burnout 5 had been a launch title I might have considered pre-ordering, but honestly nothing right now is floating my boat, so I'll wait.

I played Ridge Racer 6 while I was at GameStop, picking up my copy of Guitaroo Man. It was like "Honey, I Enlarged The PSP Game." What the hell is the difference between this and the PSP version of Ridge Racer, anyway? There are new tracks and the cars are a bit more polished, but the visual style is exactly the same, and the physics still alternate between "mechanical" and "ridiculously exaggerated." Sorry, Namco, but I had more than enough of this game after I bought it for the PSP back in May. Try again, and this time, give us a game that's worthy of a next generation system!

JR

Tonight I got to deliver a pizza to some guys camping out overnight outside a bestbuy so they could get a 360 in the morning. There were three tents with about a half dozen people I saw. Keep in mind I am in Minnesota and the overnight temp will be 0 or lower.

What I wanna know is what 360 game do people want that bad. I usually buy consoles at launch and have even went to the store at midnight for a couple but I don't see any 360 games that I want. Kameo is the only one I would get and it doesn't get me that excited even.  Are people just getting wrapped up in the hype maybe ?

984609[/snapback]

Project Gotham Racing 3. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved. 'Nuff said. :lust:

Jess Ragan- I like Ridge Racer 6. Great, dumb arcade fun. I hope enough people buy this so Namco can give the 360 some Soul Calibur love... :ponder:

What I wanna know is what 360 game do people want that bad. I usually buy consoles at launch and have even went to the store at midnight for a couple but I don't see any 360 games that I want. Kameo is the only one I would get and it doesn't get me that excited even.  Are people just getting wrapped up in the hype maybe ?

984609[/snapback]

Project Gotham Racing 3. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved. 'Nuff said. :lust:

Jess Ragan- I like Ridge Racer 6. Great, dumb arcade fun. I hope enough people buy this so Namco can give the 360 some Soul Calibur love... :ponder:

987189[/snapback]

I like Namco, and I do hope the system gets some more games from them, but I really hope it's not due to Ridge Racer sales. I am so sick of that game, they keep shoving it out on every system but never really improve the gameplay or the variety of tracks. It's getting really boring. They really should have tried to give them a better launch title.