IGNORED

Sony Bashing and "Why would anyone buy a PSP?"

Gabriel

God, are all of you stupid, or just really stubborn?  I already explained myself, that by "gimmicky" I mean games that rely on having a unique control scheme rather than having a solid gameplay foundation.

You don't have to agree with me that the games I listed are gimmicky, that's the beauty of free will, you're allowed to have your own opinions.

This is the last thing I will say on the subject.  Feel free to commence with yet more empty-headed PSP bashings and praising that Nintendo released the highly innovative Yoshi's Touch and Go, which is essentially a decade-old game with touchscreen control tacked on and marketed as as new product.

I'm not a troll, I don't wish to start a flame war, because I have no time for such things.  But it seems like none of you can stand any opinions that disagree with your own.  So much negativity on this board...

I'm out.  Atariage, so long.

992932[/snapback]

This is enough to make you leave? That people don't agree with your opinion on the definition of Gimmicky? Me and Shep haven't agreed once on if the N-Gage is any good. I haven't thought one thing Dones said in two or three monthes has been constructive conversation. I disagree with at least half the stuff I've read here, and generally get called a fanboy for it. And yet somehow I manage to overcome the "terrible adversity" of disagreeing opinions and keep posting here. But you know, whatever. The fact that you wrote this:

Nintendo released the highly innovative Yoshi's Touch and Go, which is essentially a decade-old game with touchscreen control tacked on and marketed as as new product.

proves that you didn't have a clue what you were talking about in the first place. That's like me saying Metal Gear Acid is Metal Gear Solid one. At least read this so you'll see what Touch and Go actually is:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/595/595523p1.html

Edited by Atarifever

God, are all of you stupid, or just really stubborn?  I already explained myself, that by "gimmicky" I mean games that rely on having a unique control scheme rather than having a solid gameplay foundation.

You don't have to agree with me that the games I listed are gimmicky, that's the beauty of free will, you're allowed to have your own opinions.

This is the last thing I will say on the subject.  Feel free to commence with yet more empty-headed PSP bashings and praising that Nintendo released the highly innovative Yoshi's Touch and Go, which is essentially a decade-old game with touchscreen control tacked on and marketed as as new product.

I'm not a troll, I don't wish to start a flame war, because I have no time for such things.  But it seems like none of you can stand any opinions that disagree with your own.  So much negativity on this board...

I'm out.  Atariage, so long.

992932[/snapback]

Way to overreact, me and random terrain don't agree on a single thing. Yet I have never felt compelled to leave because he doesn't like knights of the old republic. :roll:

992932[/snapback]

If you're not a troll, why then have you criticized a game that you obviously haven't played. YT&G isn't a platformer. It looks like a platformer during half the game, but it is more of a puzzler. If you give the game more than 20 minutes, you would see this, it is a puzzle game with a focus on high scores.

If you're going to criticize, at least be educated in those criticisms.

Edit: BTW, if having a unique control scheme = gimmicky - I'm playing Killer 7 and it has the most unusual controls I've ever played...OMG Gimmick!

Edited by n8littlefield

A large chunk of users on this site are Nintendo fans. Did you expect them to admit the DS is gimmicky rather than stating their opinions like you did? Personally before I bought the DS I thought the touch screen thing was gimmicky. After Trauma Center came out, I looked into it thinking that “Hey, this actually seems an excellent reason to have a touch screen.” After buying it and a DS system, I was right. It makes great use of the touch screen. Whether the DS is gimmicky or not to me is purely opinion.

Edited by xenomorpher

Hey guess what? Every single innovation in the history of all gaming started out as a gimmick. Shit, even having a system that could play cartridges rather than being a dedicated system was a gimmick once. Joysticks? Two players? 3D graphics? FMV? Stereo sound? Gimmicks all around at one point, they were all gradually accepted and became industry norms.