IGNORED

7800 Power supply found

Classic Pac

With so many posts lately with people looking for a 7800 I figured someone namely me should post the link on where to find one at a reasonable price $15. The source Best Electronics as any long time member can tell you is a very honest firm.

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/power%20guide.htm

989384[/snapback]

sometimes.True, but you can pick up a 7800 + PS + games for near that price

Hey, if you got one and your old one has blown it's nice to know where to find one.

989395[/snapback]

------ AND BE takes paypal, this guy on ebay doesn't. Which is prob. why the auction didn't do very well. That and the commons....

With so many posts lately with people looking for a 7800 I figured someone namely me should post the link on where to find one at a reasonable price $15. The source Best Electronics as any long time member can tell you is a very honest firm.

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/power%20guide.htm

989384[/snapback]

sometimes.True, but you can pick up a 7800 + PS + games for near that price

989393[/snapback]

Actually, doesn't it say that "the power pack is no good"? So you'd still need to buy a replacement power supply for it.

Michael Rideout

If you can't buy from BE, just mod the system for a common one.

When my PSU dies, I"ll buy a similar one (what is it 9V? and 1 full amp. I'm too lazy to look right now.) from Radio Shack and install a corresponding receptacle into my 7800 that it can plug in to.

I might even hack the plug off the new one and solder it direct into the 7800, but that makes it a pain to transport.

Actually, doesn't it say that "the power pack is no good"? So you'd still need to buy a replacement power supply for it.

989444[/snapback]

Good catch. I did not see that. I guess it really will be my test 7800. I have 2 already with good PS. I wanted one that I could mess around on. I just could not pass it up. I could cut the old PS plug and put it on a universal PS.

989444[/snapback]

Actually everything in the sale worked. The PS had a cut that he just taped over. The cut shorted out the PS. Everything works great and I have a CO25233- 002 REV A board with Expansion port but in a Deck #5 case. The Made in China sticker is a Gold oval pasted over the Made in Taiwan part of the sticker. $17 is a great deal. I was buying it for spare parts, but I might as well use it.

• 3 weeks later...
Much better deal can be had here.

http://atariguide.com/store/products.htm

$12.95 shipped

989505[/snapback]

That's how I got mine.. off Atari Guides Ebay store. It's a good product. I actually modified my 7800 to work with a more common power supply temporarily, then I got one from Atari Guide and replaced the original terminal, re-soldered it back and voila! ....

Hello all

When my beloved 7800's power supply blew i headed to my nearest Cashies and they found me an Atari power supply (i think it may be a 2600 one), gave it to me for free as well. I then had my b/friend soulder the original cable onto the new power box and walla! my atari lives again :lust:

Edited by jodieann23

• 4 weeks later...