IGNORED

Finally atari Karma pays off!

StanJr

I wandered into a new store today that sells all kinds of video games. Dude had a small box of atari games, a SEARS 6 switch, and a broken all black 4 switch (missing reset switch). Most of his games were common, but I found 2 I needed: Squeeze Box and Star Voyager.

He told me he had some games that did not work, so I asked to take a look at them. I showed him how to clean the contacts and get them going again and THAT is when I discovered his display case. He only had 2 atari items in there. One was a CIB Star Raiders (complete with catalog AND Comic Book) and a CIB Video Touch Pad! Both for $5! Needless to say they are also mine.

The guy turned out to be SUPER cool and he says he is always looking to buy more atari stuff!

Stan made a friend AND got some cool atari stuff!

Aahh such stories are really heartwarming. I wish I had some similar experiences instead of the usual greedy shopkeepers I always end up meeting.

Does anyone regularly meet friends who collect atari or do most of us only meet throu the web?

Anyway, well done, Stan!!

Rasty.-

Right on, Stan! I'm glad to hear that what you call "Karma" has paid off for you (you've certainly been generous enough to some of us to warrant a payoff), but see where your selflessness gets you? If you'd only mentioned that you were looking for Squeeze Box and Star Voyager, I could've sent them to you in return for the Frostbite you bought for me AND sent me for free!

CF

If you'd mentioned it to me, I'd have poked you in the eye.

Looks like your Karma is paying off Stan. I had some good finds aswell today, although Jaguar.

I went into my local EB (now GAME) yesterday asking about all the Jaguar NOS they had in, they pointed me in the direction of our other EB, but nothing was on the shelfs.

I ask they guy "Umm..You sold all that Jaguar stuff?"

"Nope. It's upstairs in the stock room and everything is half price" he replied

All I picked up was a copy of Zoop for 4 quid, but I went back in today looking for Bangia-O for DC when on my way out my mate pointed out all the Jag', Lynx and Game Gear stuff on display, and all half its all ready cheap price!!

There was one Jag' system left on the shelf for 9.99 and asked the guy if it was half price aswell. He said that as I was in yesterday asking that I could have it for 4.99... I'm going back tommorow with more cash to clean them out. Hopefuly I'll pick up:

- White men can't jump

- I War

- Fever Pitch Soccer

- 2 * extra controllers and what ever decent is left!

Same here, krytol.. Looks like the classic gamers are incredibly well displaced on the golbal territory, so that the distance between us is constant making the chances of two of us meeting "in the wild" as low as possible

But of course as you suggest, there's always the brainwashing possibility ...

ciao,

rasty.-

I've never actually met anyone while thrifting... however, my best friend and I got into collecting at around the same time, and it's become a friendly rivalry to see who can get the most stuff. Right now, I've got almost twice as many games as he has, but he has more systems than me... including odd stuff like a Virtual Boy, 32X, and a Game.com

--Zero