IGNORED

BCPRS1'S 1100TH POST CONTEST

bcprs1

Once again, its time for another contest. After my failed attempt at a 1000th post contest, I'm trying again with hopes no one criticizes it. Please, if you don't like the rules, please do not participate or send me messages complaining.

Anyways, the rules this time are simple, just guess which Classic Arcade game I played last month. I found the game at an amusement park a few weeks ago and couldn't help but play a game.

Hints:

1. The game is pretty common. Just about everyone here has a copy for the 2600.

2. Versions of the game can be found on several Atari systems and even the NES.

3. It is not pac-man (or any variation)

You only get one guess until I say you can guess again.

Prize will be something good worth about $20-$25.

PS - for the hell of it I'll send a small prize to whoever knows the amusement park I was at. (we had to brush snow off some of the rides) Please include this with your guess.

Edited by bcprs1

Dig Dug?

994779[/snapback]

Yes, we have a winner!!!!

I was at Santa's Village in NH the weekend before xmas with my girlfriend's family and nephew. Santa's Village is an amusement park geared towards families with little kids. What is funny is that they close the park around sept, but reopen it for a few weekends around xmas. It was definitely strange being outside in the middle of the snow riding the ferris wheel.

Anyways, they had one indoor area with a few games including Ms. Pac-Man and Dig Dug. I didn't get to play Ms. Pac-man cause of time, but I did get in one quick game of Dig Dug.

thanks for everyone who participated.

PM sent to omegamatrix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Something just occurred to me.

Someone who really wanted to nitpick could point out that Dig Dug was not actually released for the NES. It was released only in Japan, where the console was called the Famicom.

I won't be that someone, though. :)

Something just occurred to me.

Someone who really wanted to nitpick could point out that Dig Dug was not actually released for the NES. It was released only in Japan, where the console was called the Famicom.

I won't be that someone, though. :)

They did release Dig Dug II though, but I see your point. That was a little confusing.