IGNORED

A mistake of Concentration

Chris++

I'm finally getting my carts organized according to company, thanks to the recent purchase of a bunch of plastic tubs.

I'm looking through them as I go, 'cause it's fun, and last night I noticed that my picture-label copy of A Game of Concentration says, "Use With Paddle Controllers," even though I'm certain that you need the keyboard controller.

Do I own a rare mistake, or do all of the picture labels have this error? (I noticed that the Atari Age cartridge scan has the same message, but I just thought I'd ask...maybe there's only a few with the error?)

CF

I don't know the exact rarity of these, but you're not the only one. There's a number of labels that Atari has made mistakes on... some even have an extra "Use with Joystick controllers" sticker over top of that message. They're definitely more rare than correct labels though.

--Zero

Uh... I didn't mean that Concentration games had the paddle mistake, and then another joystick mistake... I was referring to games that were supposed to use the joystick that received the correction... sorry for any confusion, my bad.

--Zero

I just took a look at the Giant List of Label Variations and here are some other carts that appear to have been printed at some point with the bad "Use with paddle controllers" labels:

- Air-Sea Battle

- Basic Programming

- Flag Capture

- Fun With Numbers

- Home Run

- Pengo

I presume there are more, since Concentration isn't in the above list (Matt, are you still maintaining this?) I'll have to look through my collection at some point to see if I can spot any other 1996 Paddle errors.

..Al

Yep I still am maintaining the list (although not as dilligently as I should). I thought concentration was on there since I have one, I'll have to add it. I also just picked up a Brain Games cart with a black tape error.

Tempest