IGNORED

How do you store your carts?

Krytol

quote:

Originally posted by animallyson:

I have mine in multiple small boxes, in alphabetical order.

Do you still add to the boxes? What do you do when you get a new game that starts with a "C", for example? Do you have to slide every cart down one?

I take all my 2600 carts out of their boxes and stick them lable up in a set of 3 drawers. The boxes are store in a cupboard.

My boxed Mega Drive and Master System games fit perfectly into a bookshelf (which has now overflowed on to my floor) which is stuck besides the drawers. All my consoles are on top of those and I have a special storage rack for my Dreamcast games which are also on top.

This is how I store my loose carts:

Storage Tips - Loose Carts

These plastic drawers from Iris work extremely well, and now I have at least 12 units (that's 72 drawers) of them filled with cartridges. Each drawer can hold just under 100 2600 carts, but I use them for every other system I collect for as well. These units were made for cart collecting!

I simply store boxed carts on shelves (I need to get some custom shelves built someday), and manuals I store separately, each manual going into a novel bag with a comic book backing board. You can see pictures of that here.

..Al

yup, those plastic boxes are real cool, I have my carts sort by company, and then by system (2600, 7800, NES, etc) I have a different color for system, like 2600 it's blue, NES it's red, and so fort

OsBo

That's an interesting way of organizing games. I keep everything grouped together by system, and then by company within each system. Within each company, I have the carts sorted alphabetically. Do to the varying sizes of carts between systems, I think it would be a pain to organize carts by company first. For instance, Parker Brothers made carts for the 2600, 5200, Colecovision, Intellivision, Atari 8-bit, C64, Vic-20, TI 99/4a, etc. While it would be cool to see all their carts together, it wouldn't make for as efficient storage.

..Al