IGNORED

Tapper is AWESOME!

ntavio

It was always one of my faves back in the day.  I lived for getting to the Space Bar.  Very well-done arcade conversion.

995891[/snapback]

Space Bar????? You mean I suck at this game that I have not seen the Space Bar?? Is this the 2600 version or every version of Tapper? I currently have the Midway Collection on the PS2. I think I'll have to play some more! (And start looking for the 2600 version! :) )

It was always one of my faves back in the day.  I lived for getting to the Space Bar.  Very well-done arcade conversion.

995891[/snapback]

Space Bar????? You mean I suck at this game that I have not seen the Space Bar?? Is this the 2600 version or every version of Tapper? I currently have the Midway Collection on the PS2. I think I'll have to play some more! (And start looking for the 2600 version! :) )

995896[/snapback]

Geezus christ.. yeah maybe you do suck ;) j/k :D

The space bar is at the final stage of Tapper of course. If you watch the arcade game for some time, I think you can see it in the attract mode :)

Sorry 'bout that...........Needed to get that off my chest  :D

995797[/snapback]

Yes it is, where did you get your copy?

995804[/snapback]

Off Ebay in a large lot purchase a few years ago. I was just playing it this morning when I posted this topic. Such a great game.

Space Bar?????  You mean I suck at this game that I have not seen the Space Bar??  Is this the 2600 version or every version of Tapper?  I currently have the Midway Collection on the PS2.  I think I'll have to play some more!  (And start looking for the 2600 version!  :)  )

995896[/snapback]

:lol:

Yes, it's it every version of Tapper (that I've seen anyway). Yes, you do suck, but there's a cure: Practise! :D

Tapper was a huge surpise to me when I finally got it for the 2600. I used to own the arcade, so you may imagine that I was a harsh critic. 2600 Tapper is one of the best (maybe THE best) arcade port on the system.

996116[/snapback]

I think pound for pound, Tapper is the best arcade conversion- that and Pong!! :)

Tapper was a huge surpise to me when I finally got it for the 2600. I used to own the arcade, so you may imagine that I was a harsh critic. 2600 Tapper is one of the best (maybe THE best) arcade port on the system.

996116[/snapback]

Really? There's alot of pretty good conversions. Guess I need to spend some more time with Tapper. I was never a big fan of the arcade game.

I have never seen much less played the 2600 version (though I have played it on the Xbox Midway Treasure thingy). Everyone, please take time to feel sorry for me (and smack me for not having played the game). Okay, don't smack me really :P.

I haven't shopped for 2600 games in a while. What is a good price for the game just in case I do run across it (even though I'll still pick it up probably, but you get the idea).

You can probably count on spenting at least $10-20 or so for it. Maybe less if the label's crap. The market's freaky right now so it's hard to say with any precision -- but then that does mean if you watch enough of them long enough you'll probably snag one cheap eventually. :)

Worth every penny though even if you pay towards the high end. Any arcade conversion that works out this well and didn't have to sacrifice any game elements to do so is right up there in my books.

I still think it's amazing they got the stages into Tapper as well as the bonus stage.

I've said this before, but this game is prime for a hacking.. to make it into BUDWEISER Tapper. I'm sick of all this "root beer" and "mountain dew" and whatnot crap. Let's get it back to the original.. and that's Budweiser :P

Budweiser need not be notified ;)

I still think it's amazing they got the stages into Tapper as well as the bonus stage.

I've said this before, but this game is prime for a hacking.. to make it into BUDWEISER Tapper. I'm sick of all this "root beer" and "mountain dew" and whatnot crap. Let's get it back to the original.. and that's Budweiser :P

Budweiser need not be notified ;)

998776[/snapback]

Lets make a partition about this.

SIGNED.

Bring back Budweiser!

Oh and we played this on the HSC, I scored over 200k =D