IGNORED

How can I de-jitter my paddles?

chrismiller75

You're thinking of the grease remover. WD-40 is a brand, not a particular type of substance. WD-40 sells an Electrical Cleaning Spray that you can get almost anywhere, even at some Radio Shacks. The kind I'm thinking of has a red square on the can that reads, "Guaranteed not to corrode." (Not joking.) Of course, the Radio Shack guy might recommend something else, which will probably work just as well -- you got the main point, which is to spray the big metal round thing.

I was about to say, "Hey, this would be great for the Atari 2600 FAQ!" when I discovered it's already in there:

Dirty paddles are a cause of great frustration. To clean them, buy a can of Cleaner/Degreaser (available at Radio Shack, catalog #64-4422), open up the paddles and spray directly into the  pot  area. Close them up, give them a few twists and they should be good as new. Silicon spray, WD40 and TV tuner can also be used, although there are warnings about possible gumming with WD40, and possible plastic rot with TV tuner.

..Al