IGNORED

The Crow? Possible or not?

Foxsolo2000

I would like to see the Crow made into a Homebrew. You could use Adventure as the template with the Adventurer being Eric Draven and the bat being turned into the crow and the dragons becoming T-Bird and his crew. You would need a fourth dragon as their were four gangers in the film, T-Bird, Tin Tin, Fun Boy and Skank and the object of the game would be to hunt down the four members of the gang but you could only kill them if you could find and attract the crow to follow you for it would be the source of all your power. Without it you would be vulnerable to T-Bird and his cronies and once you had killed all four of them you then had to return to your grave within the Gold castle. The game coudl have a time limit in which you had to kill all four gangers and return to your grave before the night ended. I think it could be plausible;) What does anyone else think?

Yes is it possible,i give my support,if you want some ideas to make,keep thread,but i have one simple question,How much Memory an atari cart can support?is it possible make good games with more than 32K tigervision chip?and i say that Crow is a good choice,we have to make brand new games to Vcs 2600,and advanced concepts,to show new aspects,When i talking about to make a Mcgyver cart,its not was a simple joke,it can be made,im tryng to use

London Blitz ideas,or E.T ideas about a map,that the main charachter has to walk thru the map and collect pieces of objects to help him to solve a problem,such disarm a bomb or scape from bad guys,if you have a Crow´s Label you can post it too...

Why is it silly? I laid out my idea on how it could be done by using Adventure as a template. It would be simple and wouldn't need a great deal of memory. I often question why anyone would attempt to shoot down a plausible idea when all it is at the moment is a theory? I just like the idea of the Crow being turned into a game and the 2600 could do it. Thanks for the support fella's. Now the next question is who could I get to give it a try ;)

It can't rain all the time unless you are a total cynic :D

What a creative idea! And it modifies the behaviour of "Adventure" enough to feel like a different game (i.e. bat/crow doesn't work against you). The maze would be a neat urban jungle; the castles: clubs? Incorporate the cemetery, or even a title screen with Eric crawling out of the ground, and I'm sold.

Wait: would Eric still be a square dot?

Why is it silly?  I laid out my idea on how it could be done by using Adventure as a template.  It would be simple and wouldn't need a great deal of memory.  I often question why anyone would attempt to shoot down a plausible idea when all it is at the moment is a theory?  I just like the idea of the Crow being turned into a game and the 2600 could do it.  Thanks for the support fella's.  Now the next question is who could I get to give it a try ;)

1001465[/snapback]

Foxdude,you are right,man,you must show this thread,and show people that have interest to make new games,so for those that appears on the forum to just point yada yada useless critics,and help with only but Nothing,if you dont want to make a Homebrew games,go to another forum,go to a"marshmellow´s crisis"forum or something weirdo like when you came from..we have a lot of pals here to envolved with homebrews projects(except Knight Rider´s Chinese democracy),The ideia about Crow is not Silly(like our comrade(A) sad)project maps,try a Adventure´s Hack,show us the screenshots and Source Codes.my opinion is try to use a "Swordquesting" style with maps ,but if you want to give action to fight or shoot with a gun,Chuck norris super kicks is not the answer...

Why is it silly?  I laid out my idea on how it could be done by using Adventure as a template.  It would be simple and wouldn't need a great deal of memory.  I often question why anyone would attempt to shoot down a plausible idea when all it is at the moment is a theory?  I just like the idea of the Crow being turned into a game and the 2600 could do it.  Thanks for the support fella's.  Now the next question is who could I get to give it a try ;)

1001465[/snapback]

Foxdude,you are right,man,you must show this thread,and show people that have interest to make new games,so for those that appears on the forum to just point yada yada useless critics,and help with only but Nothing,if you dont want to make a Homebrew games,go to another forum,go to a"marshmellow´s crisis"forum or something weirdo like when you came from..we have a lot of pals here to envolved with homebrews projects(except Knight Rider´s Chinese democracy),The ideia about Crow is not Silly(like our comrade(A) sad)project maps,try a Adventure´s Hack,show us the screenshots and Source Codes.my opinion is try to use a "Swordquesting" style with maps ,but if you want to give action to fight or shoot with a gun,Chuck norris super kicks is not the answer...

1001525[/snapback]

"Where you came from"(damned keyboard)

The Crow... One of my favorite movies. I've never thought of it as an adventure type game, but something more like the Atari has never seen (no hints here). I can't think of The Crow without hearing "Dead Souls" by NIN in my head. I'm no programmer, but if I was I'd take this up. Great idea Foxsolo2000.

@fabventure2600 English is a difficult language to learn. I give credit to anyone for trying to communicate in a foreign language. I myself am having trouble understanding your posts as well though. Try contacting Tombrazil and asking him what translator he uses, as his English is clear. I might be wrong in that he already knows English and uses no translator, but give it a try. Hope that helps. :cool:

I went so far as to contact Neotokeo2001 about commissioning him to do the project and he gave me some ideas on how to do it but sadly he was committed to another project. He did point out a way for myself to do this so who knows perhaps I might give it a crack myself :D

Cybergoth, how could I have forgotten that classic qoute :? It is one of those sayings that made the film so unique in the first place. Once again thanks for the interest. If anyone knows anyone who would be willing to take on this project dont hesitate to let me know ;)

Look, its a fine idea, but ZB's point ( I think ) is that people post stuff like this often, but they have no real idea what they are talking about technically. After a while it just makes you roll your eyes and shrug, and maybe post a slightly irritable response.

The word 'designed', in this context, does not mean 'thought of'. It means laid out in more or less exact detail. Technical detail. Resolution, colors, movements, cycles, etc. Without that there's no point in asking if machine x can handle it.

Now, I know you are saying model it on adventure. But if thats the case, then you are talking about an extensive hack of adventure, or a new game? Either way, do you have the technical chops to do it?

If you are just asking about the general idea, it seems ok to me. I don't know what the difference between that and just regular adventure would be, with the 2600 graphics it could be a crow, or a dragon, or a clam, or god know what else. Meaning I don't see what you could work into it that would be 'crow-like'. Well, ok, you mentioned the bat.

The idea is good. I don't like 2600 hames, but if I did I'd probably think this was cool. How about some screen mockups and maybe some kind of storyboard of the game? That would qualify for further 'can machine x handle this' types of discussion.

In answer to yoiur question Danwinsow I believe that I could do it. I have enlisted a friend of mine to help me with the dynamics for he is more up on the technical side than I am. It wont be easy but I have seen far more extensive hyacks than the one I am proposing. Hopefully soon I will be able to post a mockup, I just need to sit down and work out in finer detail what I want to happen.

In answer to ZB I dont understand why some people are so keen to shoot ideas down in flames. Yes you have a good point in saying that some people dont think their ideas through or they get posted often but alot of new ideas have been turned into reality and people appreciate them. The whole idea of a forum is to share ideas and collect peoples thoughts which was what I was trying to do. Anyway everyone is entitled to an opinion so thanks for the feedback. I will let you know if this project gets off the ground ;)

In answer to ZB I dont understand why some people are so keen to shoot ideas down in flames.  Yes you have a good point in saying that some people dont think their ideas through or they get posted often but alot of new ideas have been turned into reality and people appreciate them.

1002346[/snapback]

I didn't see that ZB was shooting your idea down but rather challenging you to think it through... which appears to be what has happened... :ponder:

:cool:

Would it be posible to use Coleco's Front Line, or Activisions Commando, or Activisions Private Eye roms to do the Crow game, I meet James O Barr at a comic convention a couple of years ago when me and a friend were trying to sell our comic,now that I remember it we were at the same table! he's pretty cool!,I hope my 2 cents help!!!!

" Is that gasoline I smell?"

" Caw,Caw,Bang,F***, I'm dead!"