IGNORED

New Version of Cuttle Cart PlayBin available

cschell

Hello everyone,

It turns out that due to a silly error in backups on my part, coupled with a disasterous power supply eats computer incident, I don't have a complete list of Cuttle Cart owner emails. (Yes, I'm lame.)

Anyway, as many of the owners frequent this board, I thought I'd post here that a new version of the Win32 PlayBin utility is now avialable for download from my website. http://www.schells.com.

The update recoginizes some of the newly released ROMs and fixes some incompatibilities related to the start up state of the 2600 after a game loads. Games like Berzerk and Gunfight now work correctly. Thanks to Eckhard Stolberg and Robert Demming for the new version.

I've also added a new installation wrapper to let you decide about accepting registry entries and the like. If you have any problems with it let me know.

Another update I've never mentioned is that I fixed the "bankswitching mode command line switches don't work" bug in the latest version of makewav. There's a link to it from my site.

Enjoy,

Chad

P.S. Before the controversy starts, this fix is for more games than just Gunfight. I'm told that Manuel is ok with this as a general improvement on Cuttle Cart compatibility. So please, let's just not go there.

[*bump*]

Sweet, thanks! I have wanted to try Gunfight for a while.

The Cuttle Cart is just about the coolest game-related thing I own. You have no idea how easy it was to pass on Air Raid in the thrift store today, having already played the .bin and seen what a crap game it is. Whew!

I have a minor request if another version is ever done: I wish there were a way to select which soundcard to play the data on. I have to switch my default sound card every time I use it since I have one soundcard for regular audio and another for the cuttle cart.

-Paul

quote:

Originally posted by Smart Patrol:

I have a minor request if another version is ever done: I wish there were a way to select which soundcard to play the data on. I have to switch my default sound card every time I use it since I have one soundcard for regular audio and another for the cuttle cart.

-Paul

That should be possible. I'll put it on the wish list. But don't expect a new version with that functionality soon. There are not many people that have installed multiple soundcards so it will have a low priority.

Regards,

Robert