IGNORED

Cartridge or Box Scans for Col'n' by homevision

Joel D. Park

Hey guys,

I picked up some homemade copies of a few rare games, and I was going to make some labels for them, currently they just say the game in marker.. The games are:

Col 'n'

Ski Hunt

Mangia

NUTS

Pharo's Curse

I found label scans for everything but Col 'n', does anyone have a scan of this game, otherwize can you tell me what the heck the game is about and who the alien is, so I can come up with my own label?

Any additional art for these besides the cart scans would be cool too.

Thanks,

Joel

quote:

Originally posted by Pitfall Harry:

I
think
I've seen it before. And I
think
it has a generic label. An island with a huge central mountain that looks like a skull.

That shouldn't be it, the real Homevision games come in a white case with Homevision molded into the back, and have nice, black labels with unique picture and big game number.

I think you are referring to a Hi-Score game by Action Hi-Tech, Ben.

There's a picture of some boxes on the box of the Homevision repro cart, but Col'N isn't one of them, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Marco

quote:

Originally posted by Joel D. Park:

Anyone got instructions or anything for the game, it's really confusing, I have no idea what I'm trying to do.

OK, here is what I've found out. There are 8 containers on the screen. 4 of them contain parts of the alien's spaceship, the other 4 contain monsters that are trying to kill the alien.

If you step into a container with a spaceship part, you have to press the button to pick it up. When you step out of the container a small dot will appear in one of the corners. This is where you have to take the part to. But the spaceship has to be assembled in the right order. When you press the button over the dot, you will be shown the part you carrying at the bottom of the screen. If the part is currently needed, the alien will leave it in the corner. Otherwise you'll have to take it back to the container where you found it.

Occasionally a block will appear in the center of the screen. If you pick it up, you can leave temporary barriers in the maze, which will block the monsters. But you can only place them by pushing the button when you are not carrying a spaceship part.

When you have assembled the spaceship completely, the bonus counter will be added to your score and the game will start over.

There are four game variations: one player slow, two players slow, one player fast and two players fast.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Yup, that's Hi-Score (and Zellers) allright

Are you sure these are Hi-Score carts?

I don't own any boxed Hi-Score carts and I don't claim to be any authority on the matter, but any Hi-Score carts I have seen that are boxed always have smaller labels than this and have a v-shape molded into the top of the cart.

I have quite a few carts with this style of label but I have never seen one of them in its box. I have a boxed cartridge similar to this but it has a different picture on the label, and on the box it just says Atari compatible.

Does anyone have any thoughts on who might make these cartridges if it is not Action Hi Tech? I'd be interested to know

Mitchell

quote:

Originally posted by Joel D. Park:

Do you have any idea what Col'n means??

Does it mean something in German or something, or is that the name of the Alien or what??

Sorry, I don't know. I only have the Quelle version of this game which is called "Das Raumschiff" (the spaceship). "Col'n" doesn't have any meaning in German that I know of.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

quote:

Originally posted by weaselbrains:

Are you sure these are Hi-Score carts?

I don't own any boxed Hi-Score carts and I don't claim to be any authority on the matter, but any Hi-Score carts I have seen that are boxed always have smaller labels than this and have a v-shape molded into the top of the cart.

I have quite a few carts with this style of label but I have never seen one of them in its box. I have a boxed cartridge similar to this but it has a different picture on the label, and on the box it just says Atari compatible.

Does anyone have any thoughts on who might make these cartridges if it is not Action Hi Tech? I'd be interested to know

I was talking about the label only. You are right, this is not a Hi-Score cart. As you say, they come in the V-shaped cases.

As for this one, it's a Zellers cart but it could also be a generic (sic!) Taiwanese pirate.

Cheers,

Marco