IGNORED

Black Beauty...

DarkLord

Sorry for the low-quality picture, but this should still give everyone an idea about what my Falcon looks like now, after some "minor" changes:

Wizztronics rack case

425 watt ATX PS

CT60 @ 95mhz

256 megs SDRAM

16 megs ST RAM

Wizztronics IDE HD controller

80 gig Maxtor HD

Plextor 4/12/32 CDRW

DEKA keyboard interface

FreeKeys case

NEC 3D multisync monitor (with multisync gizmo)

Running MINT/THing

I wired everything so that controls like the on/off switch, CT60 on/off switch, reset button, power and HD LEDs are all up front on the case.

Using Krylon Fuzion paint for plastic (as recommended here at Atariage), I painted the monitor, keyboard case, floppy drive faceplate, and CDRW faceplate.

My wife is jealous of the attention it has gotten/gets...

I like it. :-)

post-5822-1143127825_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarkLord

That is hott! Looks like the monitor matches very nicely also! (From what I can see of it)

1003559[/snapback]

It does now. :-)

I used Krylon Fuzion Black (for plastic) to paint the NEC 3D monitor, keyboard, floppy drive faceplate, and the CDRW faceplate.

I wasn't sure about painting the white extension cables for mouse and joystick. I was afraid because they bend it would flake off.

All in all, I'm very happy with the results.

It does now. :-)

I used Krylon Fuzion Black (for plastic) to paint the NEC 3D monitor, keyboard, floppy drive faceplate, and the CDRW faceplate.

I wasn't sure about painting the white extension cables for mouse and joystick. I was afraid because they bend it would flake off.

All in all, I'm very happy with the results.

1003616[/snapback]

What about dipping the cables? There is that rubber gunk that you can dip screwdriver handles in to improve your grip. If you can't get it in the color you want then perhaps you can try mixing the black plastics paint with it (preferably outside where you have ventilation just in case). There is also black heatshrink tubing but that will require disassembly and care to apply.

What about dipping the cables?  There is that rubber gunk that you can dip screwdriver handles in to improve your grip.  If you can't get it in the color you want then perhaps you can try mixing the black plastics paint with it (preferably outside where you have ventilation just in case).  There is also black heatshrink tubing but that will require disassembly and care to apply.

1005007[/snapback]

Thats a thought. I'll have to look into it. Wonder how much I'd have to get to be able to put a whole cable length into it?

Thanks for the suggestion! :-)