IGNORED

Proudest Video Gaiming Moment?

For the NES:

Beating:

Goonies II (it was a long game)

Konami Games - Rush N Attack, Gradius, Life Force, Contra, Jackal,

All the Mega Man games from 1-4 (never played 5 and 6 until years later)

I don't know of too many NES games that I didn't beat (from ones that I owned)

Man I wasted my youth on the NES...

Atari 2600:

Dodge'Em - perfect game.. what is it 1080 points and the game ends? LOL! I never did that as a kid but a couple years ago I fired it up for some fun and then I was wizzing around the track... when it ended I thought there was a problem with the system. I tried another game and it happened again! Third time through I noticed that your remaing lives decreased after each 'level'. I was more proud that I understood how the game 'ended' more so than the fact that I did it!

Pitfall (Both of 'em) - Getting enough points to get the photo taken for a patch. Talk about agony... when the photo's were developed, I had a blurred picture but the score was visible. Sent it in but never received my patch. In the second one, just beating it was great! It would have been nice to get that patch! (Or any Activision patch I 'earned')

and the arcade:

Most memorable was playing 1942 on 1 quarter for such a long time at the corner store that my parents thought something happened to me (as I asked my dad for 1 quarter). I had the game of my life... got furhter than I ever did before and got home and my muscles were twitching... I think I overdid it that day!

Good times... :)

• 1 month later...

Don't mean to bump an older topic.. but I managed to get through QuickMan's stage in "Mega Man 2" on difficult mode without a single weapon outside of a standard arm cannon (yes, INCLUDING the laser area). I haven't been able to do that for over seventeen years, and I finally managed to do it (was playing the collection on PS2 at a pawn shop). That was something I was proud of.

buying my Neo Geo CD unit with 5 games was a pretty proud moment for me and my collection. But as far as being an ass to people, LOL, i'd say its me mastering my favorite fighter of all time. Marvel vs Capcom, and beating the living daylights out of anybody in the arcade that trys to fight me when i got the combo of Morrigan and Capt. Commando. Feels goooood to wipe the floor with some little kids.

When I got all the way through Pitfall 2 without getting hit once!

i spent a week trying not to get hit, after i learned where all the treasures were

this was the most memorable to me because i cut grass for a month to save enough to buy the game and then spent weeks trying not to get hit :)

also the Genesis NHL Hockey tournaments me and my buddies set up, i won 2 of the 4 that were set up. after the computer isnt a match for you (after the 3rd day of playing it) you had to find something else challenging

There are a couple of things that come to mind.

- Beating Super Mario Bros. 2 (The Lost Levels, not the US one) inlcuding all the extra levels (A-D).

- Beating Metal Slug 2 without dying....almost. I died once on the last boss. :)

- Beating Space Ace on Ace level (that's a damn tough game).

- Beating the User level on Tron in the arcade (first arcade game I actually mastered)

- Beating Bark at the Moon on Guitar Hero (The Megaman Fans were on hand to witness that).

Here's one that just happened

- Hitting every single note on the outro (ending solo) on Bark at the Moon. My god that was simply amazing. I still don't know how I did it.

Tempest

"- Beating Super Mario Bros. 2 (The Lost Levels, not the US one) inlcuding all the extra levels (A-D)." Yeah, I remember finally doing that. World 9 is WIERD (the castle level is above ground, not in a castle, and the THIRD stage?)

"- Beating the User level on Tron in the arcade (first arcade game I actually mastered)" My God, man.. you should've submitted that for a record or something.

"- Beating the User level on Tron in the arcade (first arcade game I actually mastered)" My God, man.. you should've submitted that for a record or something.

Heck I can loop the game several times now. The level stays User but the board patterns themselves repeat. The hard part is is remembering what level you're really on (since it always says User) because some levels has very specific patterns. Tron is one of the very few arcade games I actually bothered learning how to master (Cloak & Dagger being the other).

Tempest