IGNORED

Scored a good "wild" hit today.

General Atarian

I went out, but the store in wich I have a 'contact' was closed for the holliday, and the others had some commons (boxing, freeway, combat, etc) I did find a nice looking TRS-80, but was incomplete Just the keyboard and nothing else, oh well...

Osboleti

Well, if it wasn't you that bought them at Cool Stuff on Holland Rd. there is another person that bought basically the same games there. I am good friends with the owner since we swap a lot of arcade stuff and get together over here every weekend for gaming goodness. Usually he lets me know when classic stuff comes in. The last bunch he got in included all those and 4-5 others that were decent. I got the ones another local collector and I needed for our collections and just left the rest for other people to pick up. I assumed that is where you got them from.

AlanD

[ 05-27-2002: Message edited by: AlanD ]

Notice I said that I got the ones that I needed for my collection and my friend's collection. I did not say I grabbed everything decent. I quit trading long ago for 2600 games so there isn't any reason for me to pick up extras for that purpose. I wouldn't bother to stop going there because I know the owner. Besides ask Chris what he has held in the back that is probably headed for ebay You might score some good stuff before it leaves the area.

AlanD

He may not have much back there at the moment but it won't hurt to ask. Mainly it is NES or newer systems but I know a year or so ago he placed up a King Kong and another cart or two on ebay. Just giving you a heads up to ask.

Alan

Feel free to mention me if you like. My full name is Alan Davis but he'll know who you mean if you just say 'Alan'. I've been going into the store pretty much since it opened and consider him a very good friend of mine so mentioning me shouldn't get you kicked out of the store

Alan

Oops forgot I emailed you with my phone number if you would like to chat. Also one of the carts I grabbed from that bunch was Laser Gates since I though the other guy needed it. He didn't so if you need it let me know and you can have it for what I paid for it.

Alan

No sorry, no AOL but I do hang out in #RGVC on IRC on the EFnet servers.

I see you met Chester. He is one of the reasons I never ever go to that flea. If you aren't there first thing he has bought everything not nailed down and then tries to bump up the price by a factor of 10. I did score a whole load of boxed complete SNES RPGs right out from under him one day. Pissed him right off when I showed him

Alan

quote:

Cool. I saw those when they came in the store but left the majority of the carts for other collectors. I only grabbed 4-5 of them. Glad there were things you could use in that bunch.

AlanD

Yeah Alan, I know the one's that you grabbed. You took the tooth protectors. Nice find. Now share the wealth man!!!!!!

Angelo

Ahhh Chris giving away my secrets Yeah I got that, Subterranea, Marine Wars, Star Strike and Laser Gates. 1st 2 I needed for my collection, 2nd 2 my roommate needed and the 5th I gave to General Atarian who just left my house. I'll let you know the next find I come across, see what you need and pass them your way.

AlanD

BTW, now that I met another local collector we need to set up a get-together for you, General, me and the roommate, Chris and a few others to come over and fire up the arcade and have a cookout or something. Would be a good time.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Man, I was so pissed when chris told me about you getting those games. I go in there quite often also. But I guess that's the way the "cart" bounces somtimes. My email address is apatti@cox.net. My home number is 228-3726. I will bring over my 65 Mustang and we can race the old ford's too. That will be fun. hahaha. talk to you later. send me your number again.

Went to a place that sells Atari Games. Usually they have the same-o common games. Like 300 combats, 263 pac-man's, and 491 defenders.

But today I got lucky.

Desert Falcon

Cross Force

Commando Raid

Airlock

M.A.D.

Millipede

Gyruss

Encounter at L-5

Now, if Magicard would Magically appear.......FaT Chance. Hey, I would settle for Chase the Chuckwagon.