IGNORED

A small but pleasing acquisition

Osmeroid

I just recently got myself a complete copy of Asteroids. I know that it's one of the most common carts available but I was very surprised to find that it was still sealed & had a price tag ($5.99) still on it and it only cost £3 incl. shipping. I was amazed that the game could have remained unopened having been brought to the UK & left sealed for 21 years.

I've opened it since, but recieving it still sealed was like back to being a kid again.

I have a bunch of still sealed 2600 games and the ones that I have opened made me feel like I was 9 years old again opening my first 2600 box, I almost wanted to start running down the street to all my old friends houses to show them what I just got, but then I remember that was years ago and I don't live in that city anymore, Oh well.

I admit it... I too am completely incapable of leaving a sealed game sealed. Partly it's because I have always been fascinated by the game catalogs, and I am hoping a rare one I don't yet have might be inside.

I'm less enticed to do this with the later games, since Atari got stingy with the catalogs!

Yeah I like the catalogs too. I recently got a sealed in the package Warlords and had to open it. If I didnt I would of went insane... Its like my Alice Cooper action figure and Ash from Evil Dead action figure, I had to open them, I couldnt let them in that package or I'd go crazy... But then Ash broke, cheap McFarlin toys, break after you touch them, need to be sturdier...

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

I have a bunch of still sealed 2600 games and the ones that I have opened made me feel like I was 9 years old again opening my first 2600 box, I almost wanted to start running down the street to all my old friends houses to show them what I just got, but then I remember that was years ago and I don't live in that city anymore, Oh well.

He-hee! It is fun to open 'em. You should let out your inner child!

I found a green catalogue in my Asteroids box. Also the manual is of the large/white variety but is written in English only and doesn't display the game variations.

I've still got a sealed copy of Warlords, sometimes the temptation proves almost too much!

Yea, honestly, when buying boxed carts, I don't care if they are shrinkwrapped or not. I have a few games I've been really wanting to play, but they have the shrink wrap, I'm having an internal struggle.. The most noteable games are Road Runner and Private Eye. Road Runner Especially.

quote:

Originally posted by Joel D. Park:

Yea, honestly, when buying boxed carts, I don't care if they are shrinkwrapped or not. I have a few games I've been really wanting to play, but they have the shrink wrap, I'm having an internal struggle.. The most noteable games are Road Runner and Private Eye. Road Runner Especially.

Do it Joel!!!

Pitbull has the right of it! I recieved my copy of Private Eye still sealed - I am so glad that I opened it, superb game. Road Runner has ol' Bob Palaro's smooth graphical feel to it, another great title!

quote:

Originally posted by osmeroid:

Private Eye

Holy crap! I had totally forgotten about this game. I have seen mention of it in people's posts but it just didn't ring a bell. I finally bothered to go into the rarity guide and look it up and I remembered it immediately! I had a friend who owned it and I borrowed it a few times. Great game!

Sorry... Does this ever happen to any of you?

Road Runner has ol' Bob Palaro's smooth graphical feel to it, another great title!  

Yes, Road Runner is a great game, one of my top 10 definitely. Luckily, I have it loose and shrinked so I can play it and keep a copy for my collection.

I've just received Bugs Bunny in the post too, so I've got to see how that compares!

Steve

I just got today, a simple but pleasing acquisition, myself: Pele's Soccer. I always wanted this as a kid, but never got it. And today I got it with instructions for $4.

As for Private Eye. I just finished completely mapping the game (all 5 cases). These maps will be available soon on atarinvader.com! If you need an advance copy (they are EXCEL documents), e-mail me.

Stan

I have mapped all of case 5, but I have not yet attempted to solve it. I believe it will be easier with the map due to the location of most of the clues and shops, since the difficulty is tackling all 238 screens and navigating them, not solving the crime. For instance LeFiend is very carefully tucked away in an out of the way side street.

I shall give it a try tomorrow and let you know how I do.