IGNORED

Phoenix book

Airwolf

• 1 year later...

I have not read this book. What needed to be said has been.

Off topic, has anyone read Charlotte's Web?

Back on topic, I probably won't be reading this book for a while to come, tho I may change my mind.

The information in Phoenix is terrific. The grammar, however, is sadly lacking. (I am being nice, by the way.) I recently e-mailed Leonard and told him that if he's planning on writing any revised editions in the future, that I would be happy to be his editor at no charge. I would just really like to see a readable Phoenix, because the guy really did his homework on this one. He took my offer in stride; he said he'll definitely take me up on the offer if he plans on writing any further books. A revised edition is not planned at the moment, however.

CF

I have read the book and highly recommend it, it's packed with great information on the history of video games. I do have to agree with the last poster that the writing style can be a little awkward at times (sorry Leonard), but the content more the makes up for it.

I also recommend

"The Ultimate History of Video Games: From Pong to Pokemon--The Story Behind the Craze That Touched Our Lives and Changed the World"

by Steven Kent

(this was originally published as "The First Quarter")

It's another good book on videogame history and make's a nice compliment to Phoenix.

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by rolenta:

Thanks for the kind words, guys (even the part about my lousy grammar!). Believe it or not, the book had been proofread (not by me) before publication.

A sample chapter in PDF format of the book can be found on my website. Go to
and click on "Books & Reviews" at the top left. Then click on "Click Here For Sample Phoenix Chapter".

Thanks for the kind words, guys (even the part about my lousy gammar!). Believe it or not, the book had been proofread (not by me) before publication.

A sample chapter in PDF format of the book can be found on my website. Go to www.rolentapress.com and click on "Books & Reviews" at the top left. Then click on "Click Here For Sample Phoenix Chapter".