IGNORED

Kid's controller

General Atarian

Well I for one am defiantly avoiding adding the Sesame Street games to my collection!

Maybe you want the Kids' Controller just for completeness (which I respect and understand), but if you're just looking to try out the game, the keyboard controllers, Video Touch Pad, and Kids' Controllers are all functionally identical.

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

Whats wrong with the Sesame Street games?

Sorry... I have just hated the notion of them since they first appeared when I was 9. I just really felt (yes, even as a 9-year-old) that Atari was taking things in the wrong direction. The wrong direction actually started before the Sesame Street games, but by the time they were into the Sesame Street, Disney, etc. games the soul had been sucked out.

I wrote several paragraphs of a tirade on modern video games, the problems of which I feel really started to happen when Atari started licensing movies and TV "properties," but I should probably save it for a separate thread.

quote:

Originally posted by ubersaurus:

I rather liked those games as a kid ;p they are stil entertaining to some degree!

I guess I must've just hit it at the wrong age... How old are you ubersaurus? Like I said, I was 9 when the Sesame Street games came out (28 now), and I was just at the age where I thought I was all grown up, so I was annoyed at these "little kids'" games. Apparently I've never grown out of it!

If you just want to play the game, you can plug in a Video Touchpad (from Star Raiders), or a Keyboard Controller (Basic Programming), and use that to control the game. It may not have the same feeling, and any overlays that you have will definitely not fit, but you'll be able to control the game at least.

--Zero

quote:

Originally posted by smf_4ever:

that is why i have NEVER bought Donkey Kong Jr.... I dont need a doorstop

I've never played DKJr on the 2600, but the 7800 version is my favorite game on that system! I like both DK and DKJr for the 7800 -- probably the closest to the arcade versions out there. (I say that with 20 years between me and the last time I played DK on Colecovision, of course.)

Granted, the music sucks on 7800 DKJr, but that's part of its appeal. I laugh my arse off at the out-of-tune music on the title screen, and then I get engrossed in the game!