IGNORED

When do you realize you maybe know a little TOO MUCH about A

Room 34

It happened to me while perusing the auctions on eBay. I saw this thumbnail (which was actually displaying at a slightly smaller size on the web page) and I realized I could, without hesitation, name all 6 games just by the tiny, blurry images of their label artwork.

1353905828.jpg

quote:

Originally posted by liquid_sky:

you know you know too much atari when you proclaim your love for CX - 2629

Man, liquid_sky, you really hate Sky Diver, don't you? I seem to recall you dumping on it in another thread recently.

I don't care how obsessive I get about Atari, I will never proclaim my love for CX-2603!!! (That being said, I do own two label variations of the piece of crap! That's the fault of the collector in me. The gamer in me has justifiably beaten the crap out of the collector a few times as a result.)

quote:

i hate sky diver almost as much as i hate cx - 2612

Ha! We are in agreement about that one!

What about CX-2605? As much as I hate its aesthetics (it's a great target for PS2 lovers who say Atari 2600 sucks), I have to admit it can (occasionally) be fun to play.

quote:

its not as bad as Star Ship

Yeah, I'd have to say that of the games I've played, I think Star Ship is the worst one Atari produced. I had never even heard of it as a kid, and I just got it recently. It's one of those games where I have to wonder, do I just not get it or does it really suck that much! I am especially perplexed by the "Lunar Lander" variations... I mean, they just seem pathetically easy and pointless. Am I alone?

I guess we're getting off topic. Maybe this discussion could continue in my new thread about Atari model numbers...

I can't stand when people either don't list the games or have bad pictures. Even worse is when they list the games, but don't have a picture. I saw one auction where they listed SwordQuest Waterworld. I emailed them for a picture and got a pic of Earthworld. Needless to say, I didn't bid on the auction. I did, however, inform the person that the difference between Waterworld and Earthworld is huge (this was a one timer for Atari auctions) and that the person who wins will be bullshit if they get SQEW.

well, when I made the bank-switcher comment, I was unnaware that the scale went any higher... obviously, she's in the highest echelons of any form of ranking (not that I would rank any charming lady, that's not the thing to do).

I think I realized I know too much about it when I could recall from memory the addresses of both the home and arcade division buildings in Sunnyvale. We were in California, and Nicole says "Do you know where the Atari buildings were?". Of course, I did, and we got some photos.

Now if my job would ever ease up enough to let me get a website together of this last month (Philly, meeting Nolan and Steve Russell, bunch of new games, Release of boxed Polo, TV interview in Philly) I would be greatful!

And they say games are for children, huh!

Cassidy