IGNORED

Reverse Yard Sale ALMOST pays off!

StanJr

hummm this is like the time a friend of yours called u and told u he had a bunch of atari stuff in his basement and turns out that he had a lot of boxes of waterworld, quatuns and stuff? Just wondering...

OsBo

I wish I lived with my parents, then they could pay all my freakin' bills and fix my food. Moving out is so overrated in that department!

No, osbo, I checked the calendar, its not April 1, so this is on the up and up. I'm calling my dad later.

What StanJr means by "moving out" is that he switched bedrooms. And even tho many told him it was for the best, his new room doesn't have as good a view of the forested area behind his house.

And that's the real truth.

On a serious note, living on your own simply means you have less money for luxuries (like Atari for example).

If I didn't pay rent of $530 every month, and lived with my parents, think how much Atari stuff I could have then....

Parents are good for "jump-starting" a real life, as far as saving to buy a car, or maybe saving to buy a condo, or any number of things that you can't get if you have to pay for a bunch of expenses.

If I had stayed living with my parents maybe even one more year, I would be "further" along than I am now in acquiring important life objects.

I fear it is. Seems little buddy didn't come back with the Atari stuff. Maybe he'll show tomorrow. But I doubt it. My dad felt bad that he called me and got my hopes up, but I told him about how 10% of the people who have "basements full of Atari stuff" are real and the rest are BS. He said he knows another guy who may have stuff.

Of course I have no hopes of any of this panning out.

Oh well, I thought the Reverse Yard Sale was going to pay off!

Sheesh.

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

I wish I lived with my parents, then they could pay all my freakin' bills and fix my food. Moving out is so overrated in that department!

No, osbo, I checked the calendar, its not April 1, so this is on the up and up. I'm calling my dad later.

Ya know, when you move out of your parents house you learn new things....

No such thing as a dish fairy, dust fairy, bathroom fairy, food fairy....

God, I wish I still lived with my folks.

I lived with my parents until I got married when I was almost 30!

Well, actually I was away for 6 years while I went to college. Then when I graduated I moved back home. It totally totally rocked. After living on your own you don't know how good it is to stay back at home especially if you're a close family (and even more if your mom cooks REAL GOOD)

Anyway, I've moved out permanently now and am here with my wife 7000 miles away.. but when I have kids, they can stay as long as they want as well. I'll eventually have to visit back though. That's where all my Atari/Colecovision/pretty much 90% of my childhood videogame collection still resides!

I hope my mom doesn't fall for any "reverse yard sale" trick though because let me tell you, she could easily say she has a "roomful of atari" that her son left behind.

My parents were having a big yard sale this weekend, so for the hell of it, I put up a BIG sign that said "We will buy ALL Atari stuff." For 2 days I got nothing, but my dad just called and said they had a dude stop by and say he had a "basement full of old Atari stuff." The dude left to go get it.

I presume my dad will call me when he gets the stuff. I'll keep you posted!

Who knew I could find games at my own (well my parent's anyway) yard sale!

[ 05-28-2002: Message edited by: StanJr ]

Bummer on the letdown. But your story has inspired me. I live near an airport, so many potential Atari owners fly over my house every day. I'm dreaming of painting a big "Will buy Atari" sign on my roof. That would get me some games fur shur. Then again, deed restrictions could be a problem...