Phoenix or Demon Attack?

sandmountainslim

Which do you prefer?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Phoenix
    • Demon Attack

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I chose Demon Attack a few days ago but back in the summer of 1991 a friend of mine and I bought 200 games (for $200) and held a draft to split them up. I kept track of what we picked and just rediscovered the paper I wrote our choices on tonight. I noticed that Phoenix was my #1 pick (#2 overall) and Demon Attack was my #3 pick (#6 overall). I remember that my friend was very upset when I picked Phoenix because he wanted it for his collection (we had no idea what was rare back then). I pointed out that he could have taken it since he had the #1 pick. However, he chose GORF because I had spent a lot of time playing it during our 'evaluation period' and didn't pay much attention to Phoenix so he thought it would be safe for a few rounds. Served him right for trying to strategize his picks based on what he thought I wanted! :lol:

• Like 2

I like both games a ton, but Phoenix slightly more because the boss battle everynow and then is a nice change of pace.

Just realized that comment is kinda of contrary to my profile picture lol :grin:

Edited by COLTONM
  • Like 1

I didn't read the entire thread, but it'd have to be demon attack for me just out of pure nostalgia. I never owned Phoenix as a kid, but spent many hours with Demon Attack as one of the very few original carts I owned when I was a kid.

EDIT: Ha. I just noticed that I couldn't vote and that this thread is from 2006. I must have voted on it back then. :)

One thing for sure, Intellivision Demon Attack sure looks PRETTY!!! :love: :lust:

The background looks nice, but the ship and enemies look terrible especially the large terribly drawn bat thing. Also the players ship does not show the bullet before launch inside the ship. And the enemies are not drawn together like they should be. I would say its the second worst.

Only not last cause the c64 its really hard to see the demons blending into the planet.

1. 2600

2. A8

3. Intellivision

4. C64

But phoenix is the better game. Its all the same with demon attack. One screen of boringness for me.