IGNORED

7800 high score cartidge

bcprs1

it would be a good idea to have these cart labels to show a slightly different look so everyone knows that they are a later batch released out.

1009914[/snapback]

Just change the "7800" color from purple to red\orange color. I don't know the exact color to call it thats on the 7800 labels cause I'm color blind.

but with nvram and eliminate the battery and update this design?

BTW how much RAM is in it ?

I just curious, as NVRAM is quite expensive.

What's in there at the moment - CR2032 and a DS1210 ?

1010651[/snapback]

2K of RAM. TC5516 and CR2032.

Also, check out Eckhard's great 7800 bankswitching and more cart info page. :)

Mitch

Just a status to everyone who bought one of the remaining HSC's... Bob's new labels arrived today (THANKS BOB!!! ), even end cart labels too which I need to work with an xacto blade on to put onto the ends...

I'll be testing and cleaning all of them tomorrow, printing out their manuals on Friday and I will start shipping on Saturday most likely, Monday the latest.

Curt

Can't wait Curt.

I'm going to give you the unofficial title of the "King of the 7800"

If that keyboard turns out as good as I hope, we'll need to upgrade you to "God of the 7800"

1015247[/snapback]

I can't wait to get mine either!

All hail King Curt! ^^

Jeff

Update -

Hi everyone, for those who bought HSC's, I got a little delayed over the weekend, I'm working on printing up the manuals today and getting things ready to ship out tomorrow.

Curt

1017732[/snapback]

Thanks Curt ... I appreciate your taking the time out of your busy schedule to get these built and shipped. I'm eagerly awaiting mine! :)

Well, I just didn't appreciate hearing about ridiculously high ebay prices on my old carts and knowing I still had a few left over in a box from a long while back, why let them sit their collecting dust when people want to own one, so it just seemed appropriate to get them out the door and into people's hands and it was nicely looking over the board and realizing how much of a difference my work was from now... It was one of my first hardware projects to sell (most of the others were just stuff I did for myself, last thing was a nice little 512K battery backed ramdisk card for my 800...) and the design needs a serious update, plus I am enjoying doing some Atari stuff for the hobbyist/funside of things again, I think I enjoy it more this way :-)

Curt

Update -

Hi everyone, for those who bought HSC's, I got a little delayed over the weekend, I'm working on printing up the manuals today and getting things ready to ship out tomorrow.

Curt

1017732[/snapback]

Thanks Curt ... I appreciate your taking the time out of your busy schedule to get these built and shipped. I'm eagerly awaiting mine! :)

1017739[/snapback]

Well, I just didn't appreciate hearing about ridiculously high ebay prices on my old carts and knowing I still had a few left over in a box from a long while back, why let them sit their collecting dust when people want to own one, so it just seemed appropriate to get them out the door and into people's hands and it was nicely looking over the board and realizing how much of a difference my work was from now...  It was one of my first hardware projects to sell (most of the others were just stuff I did for myself, last thing was a nice little 512K battery backed ramdisk card for my 800...) and the design needs a serious update, plus I am enjoying doing some Atari stuff for the hobbyist/funside of things again, I think I enjoy it more this way :-)

Curt

I think I can understand that. Now that I've been a network admin and jack-of-all-trades IT guy for a few years, I don't enjoy tinkering with my computers/network at home nearly as much as I used to. When hobbies grow into careers, somehow some of the fun goes out of them. That's one reason I'm enjoying getting into development for classic systems so much ... they're such a refreshing change from the tiresome and overdesigned machines I work with every day, and there's little to no chance of turning it into a full-time job!

Anyway, I'm grateful for the chance to own a HSC, dated design or not. I'm looking forward to the 7800 Computer Keyboard, too! :)

Edited by jaybird3rd

• 2 weeks later...
I was going to PM Curt about it, but I figured he's probably busy so I decided to wait until the middle of next week.  I am anxious to get mine, though.

1024429[/snapback]

I am sure that Curt is busy. I know that Atari is going through some changes right now so things could be hectic at his job. I was just wondering.