IGNORED

7800 high score cartidge

bcprs1

I am sure that Curt is busy.  I know that Atari is going through some changes right now so things could be hectic at his job.  I was just wondering.

1024442[/snapback]

Oh, I am too ... until your post, I was actually afraid that mine might have gotten lost en route because the mail room at school has delayed getting things to me once or twice recently. As much as I'd love to have mine, I'm relieved to hear that they simply haven't been shipped yet.

Hi...

Shipped out all HSC orders yesterday Priority Mail w/Delivery confirmation.

Package includes:

Original Manual

HSC cart with newly updated label

brand new CR2032 battery.

I went through all the carts, they were mostly the older rev 2 carts, I added on the rev 3.1 upgrade components onto the back of the boards to correct a timing issue to put the sram into a power save mode.

After working on these carts, it brough back a lot of fun memories... I've decided to work with a friend and fellow hobbiest to do a new version with nvram and other new components, it will not be the original GCC design, but a new design, still using the original BIN code.

PS - in the manuals, I appended the back with the source code listing for the HSC routines for people interested in adding HSC capabilities to future 7800 games.

Curt

Well, I received my HSC this afternoon (#042), and so far I'm very pleased with it. It's amazing to be able to take 7800 games that I've been playing for years and unlock their hidden scorekeeping features.

Thanks again to Curt for building these, and for making this limited post-production batch available.

I got mine today. #84

The cart label even has the current Atari owner's trademarks listed.

I would like to thank Curt and Gary. I had resigned myself to not ever owning one because of the high price. So the closest I have ever gotten is the CC2 from Chad(also an excellent product with a high score feature). Now, I can play my actual cartridges and Carts I dont have roms and save the High score. Its people like Curt, Gary, and Chad that make gaming fun for us. I saw the auction that motivated Curt to do and I had no ability to do anything about it besides ignoring it. However, Curt could do something and he had an effect. I noticed that bidder change the listing to distinguish it as 1st run. This makes no difference to me as I am a Player not a Collector. My collection is just a by product of things I wanted to play and keep to play again.

Now its time to play...

Edited by Almost Rice

Mailman just came today at work... :( Nothing yet...

As a side note, I also would like to thank Curt for giving so much to this community. This HSC is a perfect example - knowing that someone wanted $2000 for one on ebay, Curt came in and sold them to us here, most likely close to what it cost him to make them. Most other people would have asked for much more money. It takes a certain type of person to do something like that.

And he's a nice guy to boot... with a lot of patience :)

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

Hi Bob,

I feel bad, yours actually went out last, but you'll like what was sent to you. :-)

Curt

Mailman just came today at work...  :(  Nothing yet...

As a side note,  I also would like to thank Curt for giving so much to this community.  This HSC is a perfect example - knowing that someone wanted $2000 for one on ebay, Curt came in and sold them to us here, most likely close to what it cost him to make them.  Most other people would have asked for much more money.  It takes a certain type of person to do something like that.

And he's a nice guy to boot...  with a lot of patience :)

Bob

1027597[/snapback]

Mine arrived yesterday. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet but I saw that the Pac-Man hack works with it. I will have to pick it up as well. I also received my 7800 Monitor Cart yesterday It was kind of weird getting two items for the 7800 that I didn't have before. I finished up my 7800 original game collection a few years ago. It was nice to get some items that I didn't have. Thanks Curt!

Yes, all of the Pac-Man hacks have their own High Score entry (Pac-Man, Hangly Man, Ms. Pac-Attack, Pac-Man Plus, Dual Pac-Man)

I just realized I didn't change two of them: Ms. Pac-Man (Fast), and Pac-Pollux :( The Ms. Pac-Man Fast will read the same as regular Ms. Pac-Man, and Pac-Pollux will read the same as Pac-Man. :(

Oh well - it's too late now :ponder:

:(

@Curt - no problem :) now you got me *very* curious! :lust:

Edited by PacManPlus

Yes, all of the Pac-Man hacks have their own High Score entry (Pac-Man, Hangly Man, Ms. Pac-Attack, Pac-Man Plus, Dual Pac-Man)

I just realized I didn't change two of them: Ms. Pac-Man (Fast), and Pac-Pollux :(  The Ms. Pac-Man Fast will read the same as regular Ms. Pac-Man, and Pac-Pollux will read the same as Pac-Man.  :(

Oh well - it's too late now  :ponder:

@Curt - no problem :)  now you got me *very* curious!  :lust:

1027730[/snapback]

Can you change them for us CC2 users? Pleassssee! :) It will make you feel better.

P.S. Can somebody post a pick of the new HSC label?

Allan

Actually, I used Bob's Pac Man cart to do all of the testing of the carts, I just love playing Pac Man on the 7800... what we need is SUPER PAC MAN on the 7800, or..... Pac Man Jr. !!!! (Bob - Hint, hint, nudge, nudge....)

Curt

I just realized I didn't change two of them: Ms. Pac-Man (Fast), and Pac-Pollux :(  The Ms. Pac-Man Fast will read the same as regular Ms. Pac-Man, and Pac-Pollux will read the same as Pac-Man.  :(

1027730[/snapback]

Actually, I used Bob's Pac Man cart to do all of the testing of the carts, I just love playing Pac Man on the 7800... what we need is SUPER PAC MAN on the 7800, or.....  Pac Man Jr. !!!!  (Bob - Hint, hint, nudge, nudge....)

Curt

I just realized I didn't change two of them: Ms. Pac-Man (Fast), and Pac-Pollux :(   The Ms. Pac-Man Fast will read the same as regular Ms. Pac-Man, and Pac-Pollux will read the same as Pac-Man.  :(

1027730[/snapback]

1027738[/snapback]

If Bob won't do it, maybe you can get this guy to do it. ;)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84360&hl=

Allan

Can you change them for us CC2 users? Pleassssee! :) It will make you feel better.

Allan

1027735[/snapback]

Pac Pollux will not be avalible for download so it doesan't really matter to anyone but those who get to own a cart of Pac Pollux (A big bad 15 people in total). There are only 3 people that have the ROM for Pac Pollux (AFAIK) and that is Bob, Walter and myself and none of us are giving it out anytime soon.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Actually, I used Bob's Pac Man cart to do all of the testing of the carts, I just love playing Pac Man on the 7800... what we need is SUPER PAC MAN on the 7800, or.....   Pac Man Jr. !!!!   (Bob - Hint, hint, nudge, nudge....)

Curt

I just realized I didn't change two of them: Ms. Pac-Man (Fast), and Pac-Pollux :(   The Ms. Pac-Man Fast will read the same as regular Ms. Pac-Man, and Pac-Pollux will read the same as Pac-Man.  :(

1027730[/snapback]

1027738[/snapback]

If Bob won't do it, maybe you can get this guy to do it. ;)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84360&hl=

Allan

1027744[/snapback]

I actually would like to try Jr., but I *definately* would need some help on how to do scrolling mazes.... :ponder:

Allan

1027735[/snapback]

Pac Pollux will not be avalible for download so it doesan't really matter to anyone but those who get to own a cart of Pac Pollux (A big bad 15 people in total). There are only 3 people that have the ROM for Pac Pollux (AFAIK) and that is Bob, Walter and myself and none of us are giving it out anytime soon.

1027756[/snapback]

I think it's kind of silly spending all that time hacking a game and then only making a dozen or so carts but whatever. I'd still like to see a seperate HS # for the faster Ms. Pac-man.

Allan

I think it's kind of silly spending all that time hacking a game and then only making a dozen or so carts but whatever. I'd still like to see a seperate HS # for the faster Ms. Pac-man.

Allan

1027760[/snapback]

Hi:

I didn't have a reason for not posting the ROM other than I didn't think it was necessary - it's the same Pac-Man game but with different shaped sprites; I didn't think it mattered.

Let me check with a few people and if it's ok to all involved I will post the ROM

Also, I will be fixing the High Score ID in the Fast Version of Ms.Pac-Man :) I'll try and do it over the weekend.

Allan

1027760[/snapback]

Hi:

I didn't have a reason for not posting the ROM other than I didn't think it was necessary - it's the same Pac-Man game but with different shaped sprites; I didn't think it mattered.

Let me check with a few people and if it's ok to all involved I will post the ROM

Also, I will be fixing the High Score ID in the Fast Version of Ms.Pac-Man :) I'll try and do it over the weekend.

1027769[/snapback]

Hey PacManPlus,

I wasn't criticizing you. It was my understanding that you did it for someone else and it was up to them wether you released it or not. Of course us 7800 CC2 fans would love to play any of your Pacman hacks. That's a no-brainer. :D All your hacks are fantastic.

Allan

I actually was trying to distance myself from it originally and let Shawn and gambler172 take it over, but on the same note I don't want it to start any arguments...

Back to our regularly scheduled thread... ;)

Edited by PacManPlus

So I wonder how hard it would be to do Super PacMan. At least there's no scrolling. :) I'm guessing the hard part would be the Super PacMan himself since if Ms.Pacman uses the 'character mode', the Super PacMan would be 'out of bounds' of a single character. Plus if I recall right all the characters in Super PacMan are larger than all the other pacmans.

PS. Sorry to throw this off-topic. I'd still like to see the new HSC label. :)

Allan

Edited by Allan