IGNORED

expos1994

Hey guys,

I'm new here. I have heard of the Atari 2600 homebrew scene being good, but this looks like a great community. I'm 26, so I was kind of an NES kid, but I've played my share of Atari. My favorite game for some strange reason is Dragster. A friend and I used to sit there and play it over and over and over. You know, where you have to shift real quick. Also remember Pitfall, Baseball, Pac-Man, Space Invaders and unfortunately E.T.

I just wanted to let you guys know about a site I put together for homebrew videogames. It's called homebrewreview.com. It's a site for downloading, rating, and reviewing homebrew games for various systems. Right now, there's only GBA and GP2X games on the site (the only people I've really told about it), but the site is for any system. In fact, I put an Atari joystick in the logo, so I figure It would be nice to get some Atari games on there.

Anyone can log in and submit games. So if there's some good ones you know of or especially if there's ones you've written yourself, feel free to submit them.

Otherwise, maybe you guys could point me in the right direction or give me lists of your favorite Atari homebrew games so I could add them.

Thanks,

Chris

Best place to look for and download homebrew games is the rarity guide(s):

Go here (for 2600 games): http://www.atariage.com/software_search.html?SystemID=2600

Select "Homebrew" in the Rarity dropdown filter and make a search. Probably 80% of the 2600 homebrews have the ROMs right there for downloading. ;)

EDIT: For 2600 games, I'd start with Thrust+, Oystron, Seawolf, Crazy Balloon, Star Fire, Fall Down, and Qb.

EDIT II: Though you should probably ask the authors before you start hosting their homebrews on your website. :ponder:

EDIT III: Expos fan? ;) 1994 was a pretty bittersweet year for them, that's for sure.

Edited by vdub_bobby

Randomdude,thats it.ET rulez!,and its good to know about homebrewreview,

good job,,........and RT...if you want to develop about that´s Automan game,send me your opinion ill testing in my Game Maker software..........seya in a landfill...cause that Landfill must be found.................

Hey, I actually liked E.T. I think out of everyone I know, I always came the closest to figuring out what to do. I could consistently get my E.T. to telescope his head and fly.

Where to... who knows.

Bittersweet is a perfect word to describe the 1994 Expos.

Thanks for the game suggestions.

EDIT II: Though you should probably ask the authors before you start hosting their homebrews on your website. :ponder:

I don't think that's really necessary as long as the ROMs are public abvailable (like mine).

1007845[/snapback]

Maybe...probably should consult the documentation that comes with the games; I think I've read in some manuals a disclaimer where the author gave permission to distribute the ROM to only one source. I could be wrong, though. ;)

Maybe...probably should consult the documentation that comes with the games; I think I've read in some manuals a disclaimer where the author gave permission to distribute the ROM to only one source.  I could be wrong, though.  ;)

1008006[/snapback]

i've not seen any when we've been getting archives ready for Oldschool-Gaming.com (speaking of which, we did the review site thing first so neeeahhh!! =-) but i believe there's a couple out there that say they want to limit distribution... just can't remember any right now!