IGNORED

The Classic game show in Ohio.

ATARIPITBULL

Who is all going to the game show in Ohio this saturday? I was not going to at first but when I found out that the will be selling Venture II & MST3000 I think I will go seeing that the show is only about 3 hour drive from my house in Michigan.

Complete opposite for me: I had every intention of going, it's only 2.5-3 hours from here. And I'd love to have those two games, but seeing as how I only have $60 in the bank, and I have a huge game convention in early July (I spend $400-500 every year at Origins). I'm not going to make it It doesn't make sense for me to get in a car at 5:30 AM, drive all that way, just to spend $30 (my limit for the weekend).

I wish I could go. Its about 6 hours from me, but the girlfriend cannot be tricked into making a trip to Cleveland. I even tried to tell her there would be horses and puppies, no dice. Ah well, I'm broke anyway, maybe next year.

Wish I could go, I have a wedding to attend this afternoon. Seems like any time there is a classic gaming convention in my area--about twice a year--I have got something else going on.

Well, have fun and I expect a report when you get back.

Pitbull and anyone else interested: THere are MST2600 and VII carts left over from the meeting. They are boxed, hand-assembled by the author, autographed and numbered, and come with cart art that is different from the general Hozer release. The VII carts are actually reminiscent of the CGE2001 releases. E-mail me for information.

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: Snider-man ]

I went to the show too. My wife and I drove 12 hours just to be there. It was going to be my first classic convention. We didn't stay long though. We got there about 2-2:30 so I guess a lot of people had left already.

I did see Tim's display but was unable to meet him. I was told he got called away on business at the last minute

I went looking for an APE or SIO2PC for my 8-bit but no luck. So I just picked up a Genesis NBA Jam cart for my son.

Good thing we didn't win the Klax. We were 2 numbers off but we didn't have a truck to haul it anyway. Plus hauling that thing back to GA would've been a pain.

All in all I would say it was pretty neat. Especially being my first one and all.

The web site mentions they will have the whole facility next year so they could use the other rooms for forums. That would be nice.