IGNORED

Freekeys wiring diagram?

DarkLord

Hey gang. I've got a Freekeys replacement keyboard setup that I bought

used. 2 of the wires on the cable connection to the case plug have come

loose and need to be resoldered.

Can anyone tell me how the wiring goes on this? (which color wire to which

pin? There are only 5 of them I believe. The wires are red, blue, white,

and black. It appears there are 2 blacks.

Thanks.

I am not sure how the Freekeys looks like. I have here case for the keyboard with DIN 5 connector. I have got it with Desktopper. It looks like your keboard case which you have on your Falcon photo page, except it is white. In case it is Freekeys the cable from keyboard to computer is simple DIN 5 female <-> DIN 5 male with pin to pin connection: 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5

I am not sure how the Freekeys looks like. I have here case for the keyboard with DIN 5 connector. I have got it with Desktopper. It looks like your keboard case which you have on your Falcon photo page, except it is white. In case it is Freekeys the cable from keyboard to computer is simple DIN 5 female <-> DIN 5 male with pin to pin connection: 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5

1008603[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply.

It is the Freekeys stuff. I just painted the top of the case to match my black Falcon. :-)

Its not the cable itself, or the part inside the Freekeys case itself, Its the part (small silver din 5 connector?) that then is hooked to the part that plugs directly into the header on the Falcons motherboard.

Thanks again. :-)

Interesting, I have small PCB inside it. Here are photos. I will make pinout of it, but have not time for that now... I hope the photo is enough for you for this moment.

On the 3rd picture is my keyboard case. Is that what you have?

1008933[/snapback]

Hi Krupkaj! I'm sorry I've not been as clear as I should have been.

The connection I'm referring to is not in the Freekeys case at all. Its at the *other* end, where it plugs into the header on the Falcons motherboard.

It goes like this:

Freekeys case with Falcon keyboard inside, plugging into the small PCB, with a 5 din connector to the outside --> an approximately 5-6 foot long cable then runs to another 5 pin DIN connector thats wired to a jack that plugs directly onto the Falcon motherboard, like the original keyboard did.

This 2nd DIN connector is where the wires have come loose.

This is the same kit as yours though. The only difference that I can tell is that I painted mine black to match my Falcon.

If this is still confusing I can take another picture, maybe with everything hooked up, to show you. Just let me know.

Thanks! :-)

aha so you mean the part which is inside of your space case? But as I wrote before I have Desktopper so I am not sure it is the same, but I think it should

post-2769-1138556182_thumb.jpg

1 - white

2 - blue

3 - black

4 - red

5 - not connected

4 wire is enough - ground, Ucc, data in and data out

Edited by krupkaj

aha so you mean the part  which is inside of your space case? But as I wrote before I have Desktopper so I am not sure it is the same, but I think it should

1 - white

2 - blue

3 - black

4 - red

5 - not connected

1009051[/snapback]

Yes, yes, thats it. :-)

Okay, so I can follow that guide you've got listed as:

Pin 1 - white wire

Pin 2 - blue wire

Pin 3 - black wire

Pin 4 - red wire

Pin 5 - not connected

I'll resolder those in the next couple of days and see if it works.

Thanks Krupkaj! :-)

• 4 weeks later...
aha so you mean the part  which is inside of your space case? But as I wrote before I have Desktopper so I am not sure it is the same, but I think it should

post-2769-1138556182_thumb.jpg

1 - white

2 - blue

3 - black

4 - red

5 - not connected

1009051[/snapback]

Krupkaj, do you know if anyone still says the Freekeys kit? Or at least that 5 pin connecter? (DIN?)

Thanks.