IGNORED

Sears Video Arcade II

Mustardseed

Howdy, while I was scavenging my local consignment shops for anything Atari (or just something geeky in general) I came across my second Atari item in wild, my first being a copy of othello (yes my local consignment shops stink). anyways i saw an atari console that i didnt know anything about, the sears video arcade II, just sitting in a box along with an atari 1010. i was ecstatic to have found something in my stupid shops in my town so i bought both of them for $2 a piece. so i brought them home and hooked up the sears and it actually worked (i wasnt sure it would because all the screws were missing and the top cover can come off easily). but the video is a little messed up like there is a faint line they slowly moves up the screen distorting the colors slightly along the way. i can make the colors look better by adjusting some knob on the main board and on some games it looks perfect and others it doesn't. does anyone know what could be causing this? im not sure if it is because i dont have the actual ac adaptor that came with it, and i couldnt find a whole lot of info about this system on the internet. and if anyone just has some general info about this system i would appreciate it as i dont know much about this thing besides the fact that it was the american atari 2800. thanks.

--mustardseed

The Video Arcade II is simply another repackaged 2600 but in a 7800 shell with some LEDs on it.

Actually the Video Arcade II looks sweet and I wouldn't mind having one. As for what it is...it basically is just a standard 2600 so it should use the same 2600 power supply and all that.

Also the controllers they came with I believe were a combo paddle/stick type thing.

Great find... Lucky SOB...hehehe