IGNORED

Is anyone who works on the Stella emulator here?

Room 34

I am just wondering if any of the developers of "Stella" are on this forum.

The main reason I want to know is that I want to ask a question: Is any work being done to support Pitfall II? (Would it even be possible can the workings of its custom sound chip be "dumped" the way the game ROM can?)

The current version of Stella only supports the drum voice for Pitfall II, since this is generated with normal TIA commands. The special sound support from the DPC isn't implemented yet, as it requires a bigger change to the Stella sound engine, which Brad didn't have time for yet.

I don't think the Mac OS X port has been actively killed. It's just that no-one has volunteered to write one yet. If someone wants to give it a try, I'm sure that would be appreciated by the Stella team.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

quote:

Originally posted by Eckhard Stolberg:

It's just that no-one has volunteered to write one yet.

There is a Mac OS X version, I just think it's not the very latest one. I have been using it for about two months! As far as I can tell, it is a Carbonized version. (It is probably not Cocoa no application package; but it does run natively in OS X, because I don't even have Classic installed on my iMac at home and it works fine.) It is labeled version 1.1.2 with a modified date of 6/10/2001.

From the About box:

Stella, version 1.1 by Bradford W. Mott

Macintosh programming by Aaron Giles, John Stiles

TIASound Library by Ron Fries

Macintosh Sound Generation courtesy of the Asgard Emulation Sound System by Aaron Giles

[ 06-01-2002: Message edited by: room34 ]