IGNORED

M*A*S*H*?

Opa Opa

I gotta disagree. I think it is a great 2 player game. One mode is pretty easy, but 2 player is loads of fun.

I also like the music, the crazy situations (Col. Potter dropping medics out the chopper without parachutes), and the meatball surgery (Ferret Face!)

So, sorry, but I think MASH is way cool.

I think the surgery part is actually pretty interesting. It suprised me enough when I first played it, that I actually played it for a while (which means about a minute).

It kinda reminded me of that "Operation" board game.

It doesn't quite fit into the crappiest Atari 2600 games, but it is maybe worse than at least half of all the Atari 2600 games.

Kinda bugs me that the label doesn't have the name of the cartridge on the front side, so you can't display it very well.

When I saw it at the Goodwill, it definitely was unique enough that I wanted it. I didn't even know the rarity of it, and was was hoping it would be. It has a rarity of 3, which is pretty "good" in my book, especially for being in the wild.

quote:

Originally posted by KAZ:

I think the surgery part is actually pretty interesting. It suprised me enough when I first played it, that I actually played it for a while (which means about a minute).

It kinda reminded me of that "Operation" board game.

That's what I think of when I "preform" surgery The loud noise if you hit the sides and everything (Speaking of the game "Operation" I have two working boxed ones, sadly missing some pieces).

Me and my wife, Melinda, enjoy playing it. She can usually get close to beating me to the 99 points

My 4 year old nephew loves the game, he played it for the first time Wednesday (I took over about 35 games and everyone played for hours until I had to leave.) I don't know if he likes it simply, because for whatever reason, he loves to watch the actual tv show or what.

Usually he grabs the other joystick and thinks he is playing, so I leave the game on one player and let the Atari play his character He is actually pretty good at Pac-Man and Frogger though when he gets to actually play them

I think giving him a 6-Switch Atari 2600 and games for Christmas was the best thing I could get him. He played mine and begged me for one for the entire month of Decemeber until he got it

quote:

Originally posted by moycon:

I have a boxed copy. I love the 2600 games based on movies or TV shows. Its certainly not the worst game. (Try Swordquest *yawn* or Laser Blast yaawwwwwn). It's just kinda fair to middlin in my opinion.

You don't like laser blast? Dang. Well, I have never tried M*A*S*H* on 2-player before, the operation is ok, but I still dont like it.

When I said I was "surprised" by the operation part, I was more "frightened" than anything. Now that I think of it, it is a rather spooky, disturbing part in the game.

But that analysis about the "more than one screen" in an Atari game sounds like it holds true.

But then again, what's better:

Asteroids vs. MASH

Astroblast vs. MASH

Space Invaders vs. MASH

Well i'm not sure about Astroblast, but I like it more than MASH, and the others ARE better than MASH, but they are only one screen. So perhaps the two screen thing isn't quite accurate, but it should be.

I think M*A*S*H is a great game! I was very pleased to see that it actually has an artificial intelligence in single player mode, and I had no idea about the operation scene until I actually started playing it... I was pleasantly surprised, since I thought the helicopter part was the entire game! (Even then, I thought it was pretty cool)

--Zero

Hey in my book and VCS game with more than one screen of action is a keeper and a player. Also the graphics are better than the usual 20th Century Fox stuff at the time so it isn't hard on the eyes to watch either.

However, yes single player mode is a waste since there is no challenge to really speak of.

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: -^Cro§Bow^- ]

quote:

Well i'm not sure about Astroblast, but I like it more than MASH, and the others ARE better than MASH, but they are only one screen. So perhaps the two screen thing isn't quite accurate, but it should be.

Youa ren't alone in thinking that.

quote:

Youa ren't alone in thinking that.