IGNORED

FB2 into 2600 case?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I couldnt find anything using search. Ive got a FB2 that I want to do the cartridge mod to, but I dont like the way it looks. I have an old 2600jr without the motherboard lying around, and was wondering how hard it would be to put the flashback guts into the old case? I think this would look a lot better than the modded flashbacks. could I use the old switches instead of the new ones? I guess what I want is the features of a flashback, with the old school look. is this even worth doing? all comments are appreciated.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I couldnt find anything using search. Ive got a FB2 that I want to do the cartridge mod to, but I dont like the way it looks. I have an old 2600jr without the motherboard lying around, and was wondering how hard it would be to put the flashback guts into the old case? I think this would look a lot better than the modded flashbacks. could I use the old switches instead of the new ones? I guess what I want is the features of a flashback, with the old school look. is this even worth doing? all comments are appreciated.

1010969[/snapback]

The primary problem I can see is mounting the switches from the jr case so that they work without the original board, and wiring them into the FB2 board.

I don't really think that would be a major problem, all things considered. Honestly, I think the idea has some merrit(not that the above poster didn't, mind you). Basicly, it would be a matter of running wires to where they would need to be...although, the difference between the button style could potentially be problematic. I doubt you'll have too much trouble, though....after all, there are many knowledgable people here, and they seem to be more than willing to help out.

Good luck with it, post pictures when it's done, both of the inside, the hook-ups, and the closed finished case.

The button setup will be a little bit of a hassle but worth it for you needs. You will have to replace the power button with a switch, run wires from the the select\reset to the cable on the Jr.s buttons. do the normal mod thing and then gorilla glue the cart conector to the jr's cart slot at it is part of the to of the Jr's shell and then AV cords out the back of the machine, One of the holes will already be there (the RF cord whole) and then just dremil a hole beside that one for the other RCA jack. The difficulty switches can be stolen off the jr and put in there original place and just run wires from them to the FB2 ones on the board. The AC is fine also on the JR just be sure to secure it in place and run wires to the poroper places on the FB2 board, I would sugest using the BW\CLR switch for the FB2\ATARI Cart switch as you don't really need the color switch anyhow (well most don't, I still use my B\W tv's now and agian). And I think all this should get you on the right track.

EDIT: oh yeah make sure the FB2 motherboard is kept attached to the Jr's bottom somehow, strong 2 face tape or even some screws would be good as long as they are not visible on the bottom of the atari, use some flat bolt caps or something, you would never even know there where there unless oyu knew better to look for them.

Edited by Shawn Sr.