IGNORED

Atari Trak-Ball

Ridenmy65

I just bought an Atari Trak-Ball and was wondering what games were played with this thing. I assumed you could use this Trak-Ball for missile command but it does not seem to work with the game. Unless this thing is broken. Any suggestions on games that work with it?

It is Model no. CX22

Angelo

I think your Trak-Ball isn't working properly, it should work with no problems for Missle Command, have you checked the back switch that toggles between joystick and trakball mode?

Here's a quick description from: http://videogames.org/html/2600Stuff/2600C...ontrollers.html

Unfortunately, no games were made for the Atari 2600 using true "trak-ball", or proportional, mode. There is a solution, however--the Trak Ball has a switch that toggles between "joystick" and Trak Ball mode.

The Trak Ball works well on games that were originally designed for use with a Trak Ball, like Centipede and Missle Command. It also works well on Space Invaders-type games(i.e. Space Invaders, Megamania, etc.). The games it doesn't seem to do well on are games where you need to have the joystick constantly in one direction or another. Pitfall is a good example--you are moving your man, but with the Trak Ball, to move him you have to keep the ball in constant motion to keep him walking.

The nice thing about the Trak Ball is you can use it either left-handed or right-handed. There are two fire-buttons to either side of the ball. Also, the ball is the exact size as a billiards ball, so if you don't like its whiteness, you could replace it with an 8-ball or something else creative.

Yeah, Its not working working I went back to the store I got it from and they had another one luckily enough so I got that one and it works fine. I will have to mess around with the other one and see if I can get it to work properly.

Angelo