IGNORED

Oddest thing you've ever done for an Atari 2600 Cart.

Joel D. Park

I think this topic has came up before, but we've got alot of new folks here, it's worth another..

I once babysat my firends kids for a Sir Lancelot 2600 Cartridge. I didn't realize the value of it back then.

I usually get along well with kids, because I act like a kid myself.. But that always leads to a lack of respect because the kids just see me as one of them.

To make a long story short, if I ever have to babysit those particular kids again, It had better be for a Quadrun cartridge.

Back in 1981 (or was it 82?) a local store held a "Pacman" contest which turned out to be 2600 Pacman. Since I had the game for a few weeks, of course by that time I could play it forever. So I sauntered down to the store, played the game and won a brand new Atari 2600! (I originally had a Sears unit). Anyway, the story is, the local news covered it and interviewed me so I would be on TV. However for some reason (probably because I was a kid) my armpits were SOAKED and it clearly showed through the old 70's brown t-shirt I had on. So I did my best to press my arms to my side during the interview but the sweat spots were too huge to hide. Needless to say I later looked on in horror at the 6:00 news as I stood there on tv with huge armpit sweat stains for the world to see....

quote:

Originally posted by NE146:

However for some reason (probably because I was a kid) my armpits were SOAKED and it clearly showed through the old 70's brown t-shirt I had on. So I did my best to press my arms to my side during the interview but the sweat spots were too huge to hide. Needless to say I later looked on in horror at the 6:00 news as I stood there on tv with huge armpit sweat stains for the world to see....

Embarassing!! I had that prblem till I was a teen. They actually have medication to make you not sweat at all there. Just don't put that stuff on an area you DON'T swaeat from... OUCH

some lady wouldn't let me but her atari unless i took her fake christmas tree so i did and me and my friends were carrying it donw the road when i saw another lady and i told i would trade my christmas tree to her for something cool so she gave me a box of french records with a little john deven in the box also

quote:

Originally posted by dtahank:

When I was 10 in 1981, I ate a whole ashtray full of ashes and a couple cigarette butts for 5 cartridges, don't remeber what they were now since I sold my first system not long after that.

That couldn't have been be healthy. Considering what you did, I

would think that you should remember the game names. They

were probably Off Your Rocker, Out of Control, Death Trap, I

Want My Mommy, and the next day, BathRoom Of Doom.

No, actually they were the following games...

1) Teenagers I thought were cool

2) High teenagers I thought were cool

3) Drunk teenagers I thought were cool

4) Teenagers that let me drink beer with them because they thought I was a cool at 10 years old

5) Dad whuppin my ass because I came home sick, walking around the block, with 5 new cartridges.