IGNORED

Hello all

Han

Hello all

After stumbling across this brill forum I just had to dig out my old Atari 2600 from the depths of my closet. And it still worked like a dream.

Unfortunately the joysticks are long gone. So I am wondering in anyone here knows where I can buy some used/new original 2600 joysticks? A place that ships to europe...

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Han:

Unfortunately the joysticks are long gone. So I am wondering in anyone here knows where I can buy some used/new original 2600 joysticks? A place that ships to europe...

I would visit a local flea market. There are usually plenty of inexpensive 2600 (also the compatible Atari, C64 etc.) joysticks available.

Or you could take the lazy (i.e. my) approach... There are a ton of joysticks for sale on eBay. Just do a search for "Atari joysticks" and you should find something.

I might recommend getting new joysticks. There's an eBay seller in Canada who seems to have a huge supply of the Gemini joysticks (almost identical to the original Atari ones, but with a yellow fire button), which are selling new, still in the box, for about $10 per pair.

Good luck!

[ 05-30-2002: Message edited by: room34 ]

Thanks people, for making me feel welcome! And thank you Cassidy for wanting to donate a stick to me. Anyone else feeling generous? just give me a shout .

Concerning flea markets, another subject I would like to talk about. It seems that it is fairly easy locating used Atari stuff in the USA, right? However in Sweden, where I live, it's quite hard. I have found very few used Atari items, but I keep running into used Sega and Nintendo stuff all the time. But Sweden is fairly small, that might be the problem I supose.

I will have a look at EBay. Now why didn't I think of that ...

Cheers

Thanks for the offer atarinvader! But I am looking for the original joysticks. I want my old system back in it's original state. So I can just sit and look at it and of course play some Asteroids.

BTW call me crazy but I still think that the 2600 version of Asteroids is better than the arcade version. But that's probably just because I played the 2600 version before the arcade one.

Dooooh ... CX40 is indeed the original joystick I never knew they had a name, hey now I like them even better

Well, in that case Atarinvader I wouldnt say no to a joystick, if youre still interested in giving me one.

BTW Brill --> Brilliant ...

quote:

Originally posted by Han:

That's actually a very useful piece of information Skatepunk60. Since I have really grown fond of my nuts . Dare I ask what "brill" means in America?

I have lived in America all of my 28 years and consider myself to have a fairly well-rounded vocabulary, and this thread was the first time I have ever seen the word!

quote:

Originally posted by room34:

I have lived in America all of my 28 years and consider myself to have a fairly well-rounded vocabulary, and this thread was the first time I have ever seen the word!

That makes two of us. I just looked it up on Webster.com and here is the definition:

brill: a European flatfish

I'm not quite sure how that fits into the sentence, "After stumbling across this brill forum".

..Al

A guy I work with just corroborated the "never heard of it" position, although he speculated that it may be a slang shortening of "brilliant," which would seem to make sense.

Still, what would warrant such a violent response in the US?

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: room34 ]

Well, my intention was not to describe this forum as being fishy . As far as I know the word is a Brittish short for "brilliant". But I can't remeber where I picked it up... Now can we all go back to taling about Atari stuff

quote:

Originally posted by Skatepunk60:

Us Americans dont like the Brits j/k Just dont goto the city and say it or some black guy / puerto rican will stab you

I will keep that in mind if I go to USA sometime. And I will brush up on my american accent or just stick to speaking swedish

About our brill fish. I had a look around the web and actually found a picture of the little critter ... hava a look.

brill.jpg