IGNORED

Atari Video Cube

dtahank

They aren't EXACTLY the same. If you do a file comparison on the ROM dumps of the two games you can easily verify they are different.

The Startup Screens show the titles of the two games as RUBIK's CUBE and ATARI VIDEO CUBE. That's a difference. Other than this one trivial difference, however, I believe the two games are exactly the same.

Ben

Rubik's Cube is unquestionably the harder variation to come by. I don't really know why, but I'll offer my theory...

It was Atari Video Cube which was initially obtainable only by mail order to members of Atari's videogame club. But it was later available for purchase in retail stores, too. It didn't sell too well, and Atari attempted to boost its sales by cashing in on the Rubik's Cube craze that swept the world at that time. So they changed the name. But even the name Rubik's Cube couldn't sell too many copies, and so it was discontinued by Atari altogether soon after the name change.

Ben

Ben

Yeah, and when they couldn't sell them as Atari Video Cube, they put them in Dodge 'Em boxes that's how I got mine when I had it. Bought if for 99 cents too At the time I was mad because I wanted Dodge 'Em!! Now I'm mad because somebody has my Atari Video Cube!!!

Atari video cube IS NOT rubik's cube unless there version of rubik's cube isn't really rubik's cube.

On atari video cube you transfer color from one square to another in any random order you want. YOu don't turn the sides like you do on a rubik's cube. So unless there version of rubik's cube doesn't really operate like a rubik's cube these games are not the same.

Yeah sure, just try saying that five times really fast. j/k

Rubik's Cube on the 2600 is not the same as Rubik's Cube the puzzle. Rubik's Cube on the 2600 COULD be the Rubik's Cube puzzle only if you sawed your television into 26 little Rubik's Cubelets™ so you could turn the sides a la Rubik's Cube (the puzzle Rubik's Cube, I mean). Then Rubik's Cube the game would be the same as Rube Cuberg the puzzle. I mean Rubik's Cube.

Rubik...

Rubik...

Of course then you'd be faced with the problem of 43 quintillion combinations you'd have to sort through before you could watch the next Dallas episode.

[ 06-04-2002: Message edited by: Nukey Shay ]