IGNORED

smurfs

somePUNK

Do you mean, how much can you sell it for?

Smurfs Saves the Day is rare, but it's a tough sell if you don't have the KidVid and the tapes to go with it. Immediately, you've lost a slew of potential buyers. Those who might be interested are likely to shake off a generously discounted sale price with, "But I won't be able to play it," whether they own the KidVid or not. For this reason, Smurfs Save the Day typically sells for less than your typical 8.

Then again, you could get lucky and find a buyer who has the KidVid and the tapes but still has not found the cartridge. If you do, you should expect to get $40 - $70 for it. But that would require you to get extremely lucky and it may take awhile.

Another way to get lucky is to find a Smurfs collector who takes an interest in adding a something-they-never-even-head-of to their collection. Find two of them at the same time who get into a bidding war and you might make $100 or more!

Personally, I don't have a KidVid, the tapes or the cartridge. I'm not very interested in buying a game that I know I couldn't play. I would offer you something waaaay below "true value" for it for that reason. I'd offer you as much as $12 for it. But you DON'T want to sell it to me. You can do better.

Ben

For a time Thomas has found out, that you can play Smurf Save the Day. Here what you must do:

Enable Color (F3)

Down

Enable Black/White (F4)

Hold Select (F1 hold)

Up

For Stella X you must press these keys:

F1 Select

F3 Color

F4 B/W

F5 B Left

F6 A Left

F7 B Right

F8 A Right

Greedy Smurf:

F3, Down, F4, F1 (hold), Up

Harmony Smurf:

F6, F3, Down, F4, F1 (hold), Up

Handy Smurf:

F8, F3, Down, F4, F1 (hold), Up

This work fine by me, and you need no KidVid to play it. You can only hear no music or sound.

I submitted this info to the Tips, Tricks and Cheats of the rarity guide for smurf's save the day.

There is an undocumented feature that allows you to play w/o the Kid Vid module. To activate it, start the game with the TV Type switch to Color, push DOWN (on the left joystick), move the TV Type switch to B&W, hold down SELECT and push UP. The difficulty switch settings determine which game appears: Greedy Smurf – both on B; Harmony Smurf – Left on A, Right on B; Handy Smurf – Left on B, right on A. Having both switches on A allows you to reset the game. {Thomas Jentzsch}