IGNORED

Show pictures of your collection.

Ross PK

Oh that is beautiful. I loved the picture of the 1029 printer for some reason.

Ok, I have a picture of my Beige 800 setup which I recently got back into action full board tonight...

post-4709-1211168389_thumb.jpg

Edited by doctorclu

Just thought I'd share some pics of my collection with you guys.,

I'm a fairly recent 8-biter. I did have a decent collection of primarily loose carts a few years ago (around 150 total) but I sold off and just recently as of a couple months ago decided to take the plunge back into them again. I'm more interested in boxed/complete games, which was partly the reasoning behind my selling off the first time around. That and the fact I had many of them duplicated across other platforms. I've had to sell off some of my 2600/5200 games recently, due to a move (OCT) and the fact that I didn't work for nearly 5 months. Needed cash more than that BBSB! on the shelf. So now I find myself eyeing the 8-bit market as I think the price for games are cheaper here than on 2600/5200 and it's easier to replace & build a collection of 8-bit items than it would be to replace the stuff I've sold. And with a newborn in the house & another on the way, I think cheap is gonna be my new moto for the next 15-20 years lol :P

Pictures from my guestroom/Atariroom (the Atari wall)

post-43-1211557160_thumb.jpg

Close up of my 8-bit collection (seemed to grow almost overnight)

post-43-1211557141_thumb.jpg

Picture of my computers, not my permanent setup, I just needed some space to put everything (we had company over) and I haven't yet found the desk/shelving system to hold my stuff yet. It will be going back into the Atari room soon. 800XL & 1050 (w/ISD doubler) Also have an XEGS & a 400(16K). And a tape player as well, haven't even tried that guy yet though.

post-43-1211557168_thumb.jpg

And one more from the garage (OKIMATE printer) have some new ribbons for this one too, don't plan on using much however, but I wanted a complete setup and needed a printer.

post-43-1211557178_thumb.jpg

So that's it for now. I've been buying games faster than I can try them out, need to slow down. Looking forward to diving into the Ultimas and Alternate Realities.. Spending a little time with my 8-bits. :)

So now I find myself eyeing the 8-bit market as I think the price for games are cheaper here than on 2600/5200 and it's easier to replace & build a collection of 8-bit items than it would be to replace the stuff I've sold. And with a newborn in the house & another on the way, I think cheap is gonna be my new moto for the next 15-20 years lol :P

So that's it for now. I've been buying games faster than I can try them out, need to slow down. Looking forward to diving into the Ultimas and Alternate Realities.. Spending a little time with my 8-bits. :)

Cool. Welcome to 8-bit collecting.

Wow!

Just Wow!

I'm a fairly recent 8-biter. I did have a decent collection of primarily loose carts a few years ago (around 150 total) but I sold off and just recently as of a couple months ago decided to take the plunge back into them again. I'm more interested in boxed/complete games, which was partly the reasoning behind my selling off the first time around. That and the fact I had many of them duplicated across other platforms. I've had to sell off some of my 2600/5200 games recently, due to a move (OCT) and the fact that I didn't work for nearly 5 months. Needed cash more than that BBSB! on the shelf. So now I find myself eyeing the 8-bit market as I think the price for games are cheaper here than on 2600/5200 and it's easier to replace & build a collection of 8-bit items than it would be to replace the stuff I've sold. And with a newborn in the house & another on the way, I think cheap is gonna be my new moto for the next 15-20 years lol :P

Picture of my computers, not my permanent setup, I just needed some space to put everything (we had company over) and I haven't yet found the desk/shelving system to hold my stuff yet. It will be going back into the Atari room soon. 800XL & 1050 (w/ISD doubler) Also have an XEGS & a 400(16K). And a tape player as well, haven't even tried that guy yet though.

And one more from the garage (OKIMATE printer) have some new ribbons for this one too, don't plan on using much however, but I wanted a complete setup and needed a printer.

It's a true pleasure to see all these collections !

For me, I had a new baby this week ! :D

post-13965-1211705697_thumb.jpg post-13965-1211705973_thumb.jpg

800XL without freddie chip !

I have searched this one for a long time...

Hard to find in France!

I added to him Atarimax 256k. :cool:

post-13965-1211706327_thumb.jpg

@ StaxX28

sympa ta collection atari :cool:

Merci !

certains jeux que j'ai acheté viennent de toi. ;)

J'aimerais avoir ta collection ! :lust:

• 3 months later...

Link to my facebook photos of my collection now it's all set up in my basement... I had some photos before and this is pretty much the same set up, but i moved so I have more room for stuff now...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6838...mp;id=731340725

I thought I was assembling a collection until I saw yours.

Most of my stuff is in Rubbermaid storage bins.....convenient for setting them on the curb on garbage day after seeing your setup <grin>.

I am humbled.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems my original pics have disappeared, so here's some new ones, with some new stuff.

Sorry about the quality of the images, they're video stills since I don't have a camera.

Here's the 800XL with the leads (including the infamous 'Ingot'), joystick and a couple of tapes, unfortunatley it's in a box because I don't really have anywhere to have it set up at the moment. It's in plastic because the cream colour is starting to yellow, so I was hoping that maybe it may stop it from getting any worse.

3793292308_c35da8a223.jpg

A boxed XC12 and 1010

3821630020_9b39a9232a.jpg

Games

3821631202_7895dfb8d6.jpg

More games

3821632166_1c3cd0681f.jpg

More games

3820826537_9d50e7c133.jpg

More games

3821634338_196f8944a1.jpg

More games

3821635428_e60d0eeeab.jpg

Atari User and Page 6 magzines (quite a lot of A8 reading material from back in the day)

3820830365_a647947848.jpg

Edited by Ross PK

I can't tell you how much I love seeing these collections. Why? Two reasons:

1. Reminds me of my younger years, and all the Atari computer stores I grew up going to that are now gone...

2. I used to have all this stuff, but over the years I go through the spell of parting with it, then reacquiring it.

Now, silly question: How many of you bought some of the software "just because" rather than an actual need for it?

Atari Timewise for example: I NEVER used it. But it was a $1.98 at Toys R Us and I figured "why not?"

I can't tell you how much I love seeing these collections. Why? Two reasons:

1. Reminds me of my younger years, and all the Atari computer stores I grew up going to that are now gone...

2. I used to have all this stuff, but over the years I go through the spell of parting with it, then reacquiring it.

Now, silly question: How many of you bought some of the software "just because" rather than an actual need for it?

Atari Timewise for example: I NEVER used it. But it was a $1.98 at Toys R Us and I figured "why not?"

I never do that. If there's something I have that I don't care about, then I'd rather just sell it or give it away, so there's no way I'd buy something that I don't really care for.

To put it another way, I just don't really like having driftwood around.

Edited by Ross PK

• 9 months later...

I finally got my Atari desk set up. It is set to work on and test both 8bit and ST hardware. Still have to set up my PC for sio2pc and emulation. Here are some pics of my Atari Desk.

One of my 800XL's. I am using one of the rare 'Atari XL' matching Magnavox Color Monitor 40 for the 8bit stuff, seen here with a little touch tablet Atari Artist action going on.

post-6701-127445248175_thumb.jpg post-6701-127445248672_thumb.jpg post-6701-127445249219_thumb.jpg

Here's one with a 130XE going

post-6701-127445247646_thumb.jpg

Closeup of the monitor.

post-6701-127445250067_thumb.jpg

The Dynamic Duo. A Happy 1050 with controller board and a HyperXF modded XF551

post-6701-127445249719_thumb.jpg

Wider view of the desk. The flat panel is for the ST/TT/Falcon stuff. It's fitted with a VGA to ST cable to get the ST high mode and I have the Falcon to VGA connector for the Falcons. Of course, it will connect directly to the TT. In the second pic, you can see the Megafile30 and UltaSatan that I use to test with.

post-6701-127445250459_thumb.jpg post-6701-127445251468_thumb.jpg

Computer and drive with covers on, ready for lights out.

post-6701-127445250852_thumb.jpg