IGNORED

TV Recommendations

NightSprinter

Well, time to get a new Teleivsion. I already know it's got to have at least one coax input and two Stereo A/V inputs (at least one S-Video), but I'm still confused as to what to buy. I'm looking at getting up to 27" (30 if I have to push it). But of course need to keep it light-gun compatible (gotta give the SMS, XE, and NES guns a workout). I'll check out the pawn shops and thrift stores (good luck to me on the latter) if need-be, just need to find a way to replace having to use both a stereo TV with just coax and a VCR with only stereo A/V.

[Edit] I forgot to mention that outside of maybe purge RGB for certain computers (Amiga, ST, C128) that most of the 8-bit computers will be connected to the TV.

Edited by NightSprinter

A lot of modern TVs have component video input (which most good DVD players support). SCART is another option, but is mainly in Europe.

The quality of connections, in ascending order on TVs is:

Coax (RF)

Composite (A/V)

S-Video

Component (Y, Pb, Pr)

SCART (using R, G, B lines)

Another thing to look for is PAL/NTSC compatibility. Lots of "enthusiasts" use PAL60 (not actually an official standard - it does PAL resolution at NTSC refresh rate).