IGNORED

Fine then

Idea Revolutions

Found one that's kinda like that title using Google...

C64 Machine Language For The Absolute Beginner - Danny Davis (1984)

I use one that's called Machine Language For Beginners - Richard Mansfield, but I don't have a scanner to post it up (wish I did, because my copy is getting pretty worn).

Tim -- Adam was SO proud, around the time he met you, that his article had actually inspired someone to make an actual hack! He told me that "things like this make all the writing worth it," or something to that effect.

Nukey -- Yeahhhh man! Compute magazine was my tutorial for learning C-64 machine language back in the day!

Everyone else -- Insert your own affirmative!

CF

I got a decent book on Assembly Language called "Commodore 64 Machine Code for the Absolute Beginner" or something close to that. Though it breaks the assembler down even further than you'd need it to go, it helps explain what this and that command does, and how to work with Hex and Binary numbers and the math and stuff.

Also I'd suggest doing a graphics hack first of one of the decompiled programs out there.

Also, When doing sprites you'll find out that setting the Windows Calculator to "Scientific" mode and switiching between Binary and Hex will make decoding graphics a snap.

• 2 weeks later...