IGNORED

The "Original Collection"

sandmountainslim

1. Midnight Magic (Christmas 85 or 86)

2. Ms. Pac-Man

3. Mario Bros. (birthday gift from my sister). Great for two people!

4. Jungle Hunt (Easter I think. I loughed so much about my friend mimicking the rope jumper´s gestures while falling down!)

5. Donkey Kong (saved lots of money, 40 DM, equalling MONTHS of pocket money!) for it and it was so...ummm...yet it´s not a bad game)

6. Defender. I liked it. Also a biorthday gift.

7. Space Invaders. Bought for 7 DM from a friend.

8. Landung in der Normandie. Bought for 8 DM from the same friend.

9. Bobby geht nach Hause. Bought from the combined 20 DM all my friends gave me, in the form of a handwritten Atari cartridge gift coupon. They were not satisfied with my choice LOL

10. Demon Attack. This was the first of a 20 cartridge bag my dad got from a co-worker, so from here on I don´t remember the exact long-time saving buying details.

11. Solaris. Wooooonderful! Did handdrawn maps, never finished it though.

12. Moon Patrol. Might have been my last one I bought new. 30 DMs from a mailorder.

13 + Now the content of the aforementioned bag sets in. They were all less dear to me than the long anticipated other ones.

Edited by Atari_afternoon

Lets not feel TOO bad about not being able to afford a VCS back in the day.A VCS(as they were called back then)were just over or under $300.00 CDN, that was serious cash back then.I couldn't afford that, i bought a factory reconditioned one for $199.Anyway i had in my original collection Pitfall 1&2, Ms.Pac-Man, Pac-Man, Frogger, Phoenix, Robot Tank, Sneak n Peek, Jungle Hunt, Coconuts, Atlantis, Cosmic Ark, Riddle of the Sphinx, Demon Attack, Kaboom, Keystone Kapers, Sky Jinx, and a few others.I had pretty much all the ones kids were hyping up at school and just HAD to get which meant alot of Blood Sweat and Tears, working through the summer holidays to buy them all!!!!!

Edited by Rik

The collection I'm on now is probably the 5th one. I used to trade collections for different collections at the flea market. If I would see another system I wanted to try like Colecovision then I would trade. I regret it now. I wish I had my originals. I wish I at least had my father's original Pac-man cart. Anyway, since all that trading was going on and this collection is my final one, I consider all my Atari games from birth to early 90's my originals. Those would probably be the majority of all the commons from rarity 1-3 or 4.

I don't recall ever having a small collection. My brother is four years older than me and the first one was his. Well, kind of. He would play it the most but my memories of it were like the Atari commercials. It was a family unit. My older brother, father, and I would play and mom would watch. I was so young that some of the time my father and brother probably gave me an unplugged controller. When my older brother got an NES for Christmas that is when video games stopped being family games. The NES became his, the Atari became mine, and my father played Atari less. My father hated the NES and I think that when my brother got it my father started to lose interest in gaming. I think from my fathers point of view a video game is suppose to be a family unit and the Atari is the only unit that can accomplish that. From NES on video games became kids games(each kid gets their own system in their own room and adults don't play). It was like something died in dad. Like he expected Atari to be a permanent system and he would always get to bond with us by playing with us. Looking back I believe dad was right. It was the perfect system for all ages and brought families together. It was the Wii of the 80s. We have never bonded like that since. Anyway, by the time my brother got the NES it seems like we had a huge collection. I don't remember ever having a small number of them.

The games that stick out the most playing with my father and brother are:

Pac-man(dad's favorite)

Pitfall(my brothers favorite)

Ms. Pac-man

Jr. Pac-man(my pac preference)

Break Out

Super Breakout(paddle has always been my favorite controller)

Indy 500

Centipede

E.T.(How I get out of these pits?)

Taz(I remember dad letting me pick it out at Toys'R'Us and I loved it)

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Yars Revenge

Asteroids

Maze Crazy

Frogger

Video Olympics

Video Pinball(A kid in daycare gave it to me)

Combat

Berzerk

Defender

Donkey Kong

Night Driver

Atlantis(I couldn't get enough of it)

Dig Dug(probably dad's second favorite)

Missile Command

Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em(Mom's favorite. Just kidding and now I'm going to Hell).......

I'm just going to stop because there is just too many. I'll just go with the majority of all the commons from rarity 1-3 or 4 like I said above.