IGNORED

This is sad!!!!!!

Atari freak 1

The Off-Topic forum does get a lot of traffic, but at least people are posting the off-topic posts there instead of to other forums (like this one). We may re-order the boards when we switch forum software soon (and I mean soon this time, I have finished the UBB->phpBB2 converter) so the Atari system boards aren't at the top.

..Al

Yes, and we all love Atari, but for a lot of us it's just one of the things that brings us together. I like the off-topic section.

We can talk about whatever to (usually) fairly like-minded people who we know we have at least one passion in common with.

quote:

Originally posted by Chris Federico:

But isn't this an Atari website?

Yes, but sometimes even Atari friends want to discuss about something else than Atari. And of course they prefer to do that with other Atari friends.

If you don't like the Off-Topic board, just ignore it. Perhaps the new MB software will even allow you to filter whole boards?

No, it's not that I don't like the Off-Topic forum in general -- it's just that the name of the site is Atari Age! I think it's fascinating hearing what others think about 2600 games etc., and the Off-Topic subjects, for the most part, could be on ANY site.

CF

quote:

No, it's not that I don't like the Off-Topic forum in general -- it's just that the name of the site is Atari Age! I think it's fascinating hearing what others think about 2600 games etc., and the Off-Topic subjects, for the most part, could be on ANY site.

CF

but it's the atari community off topic subject. it's what atari nuts have on their minds other than atari. no big whoop.

so, what 2600 topic is on your mind then?

quote:

it's just that the name of the site is Atari Age! I think it's fascinating hearing what others think about 2600 games etc., and the Off-Topic subjects, for the most part, could be on ANY site.

It wouldn't work on other sites, because this board is the Off-Topic forum for Atari fans.

For me it's (sometimes) also fascinating what those people think about the world outside Atari (believe me, it exists ).

That way, I also get a better impression how those people tick. Right at the moment, I'm starting to believe, that you may be a bit to much focussed on Atari.

I am an unlimited supply of negative thoughts on all ranges of topics...just look in the off topic section, and you will notice I'm not all smiles.

I have nothing bad to say about Atari 2600. It calms me, and makes me happy to collect for it. When I get a cart I purchased from the net, and it arrives in an envelope, all my negative thoughts about everything melt away, and it is just that NEW Atari cartridge that I have never played on a real Atari 2600.

After I turn it off, that is when I resume my thoughts of being a no-name soulless creature with no purpose in life except to consume resources better saved for those more deserving of it, such as politicians and pro basketball players. Um j/k, see:

Just be happy, you'll live longer that way

Oh joy.

[ 06-05-2002: Message edited by: KAZ ]

For me personally the off topic forum is great. I love atari and enjoy playing/collecting but I do not go to the extremes that some people do. This makes it hard for me to have much to add to the 2600 forum because of my limited knowledge.

However I believe that people that are brought to this board by Atari are like minded and very interesting which makes for great non-atari talk in the off topic section.

Oh, yeah. Most of my life is "other than Atari." But the songwriting and musician websites all have message boards that go something like this:

METALLICARULES: I got SOOO wasted last night.

ROK-CHIK666: he he.

BEAVISBOY: Is anywon in CA going too the Limp Bizkuit consert?

METALLICARULES: F*** you Beavis Metallica's better then those posers

BEAVISBOY: Eat me you coc****ker moth******er I should cum over and kik your ase.

ROK-CHIK666: he he.

So I'd kinda rather hang out with you ACTUALLY "cool," ACTUALLY "rockin'" people (as far as the talking-with-text-to-avoid-being-productive-at-work part of my life goes). Plus, Nukey makes great cheesecake.

CF

[ 06-06-2002: Message edited by: Chris Federico ]

quote:

Originally posted by sdstuff64:

yea off topic is cool and all but this IS ATARIAGE.com not offtopiprandomcrapyoyoword.com

you know?

My suggestion: For each post allowed to the Off-Topic board, you must make a substantial post to any of the other boards.

BTW: This was my 1000 post!

[ 06-06-2002: Message edited by: Thomas Jentzsch ]