IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 31: Universal Chaos

Ze_ro

Important Note: This week's competition is over, no further scores will be accepted. If you still wish to discuss Universal Chaos and compare future scores, feel free to do so in this thread.

Pilot your battle coup through the streets of Phenix and engage the invading Mortii army. You are armed only with your photon cannon, and the enemy will become enraged as you defeat their brethren. Watch out for the Mortii Warlord, because this week's game is Universal Chaos!

(Never heard of this game? Well, it turns out this one is based on the arcade game Targ! The name was changed due to licensing issues, but the gameplay remains the same.)

Game Information

• Game Name: Universal Chaos
  • Released By: Telegames, Date Unknown
  • Left Difficulty: Not Applicable
  • Right Difficulty: Not Applicable
  • Game Mode: Game 1 - One Player
  • Chosen By: gospeedde

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores will be approximately Tuesday, Feb 21st at 1:30 AM (CST). In case you haven't already done so, please read the High Score Club rules. There is other useful information contained in that previous link, including a list of previous High Score Club games!

As before, next week's game will be chosen by the next person in the member list, which happens to be Kepone! Please send me a private message with your choice of game for next week!

If you are not a member of the High Score Club, but would like to be, then all you have to do is post a score for this week's game, and I'll add you to the list!

Current High Scores

1. 120,220 (keilbaca) [+11]
  2. 68,750 (Rom Hunter) [+10]
  3. 61,070 (SpiceWare) [+9]
  4. 51,650 (vdub_bobby) [+8]
  5. 30,160 (gospeedde) [+7]
  6. 24,610 (Goochman) [+6]
  7. 19,000 (Malc74) [+5]
  8. 17,600 (scogey) [+4]
  9. 12,250 (Mad Scientist) [+3]
  10. 8260 (khryssun) [+2]
  11. 7420 (LarcenTyler) [+1]

Best Tips

• keilbaca [+2]

Bounties and Challenges

• None yet

TwinGalaxies Top 3

(Default Mode)
  1. 9040 (David B Yancey)
  2. (No other scores posted)

Current Standings

1. Coming Eventually

Member List

Kepone, internetotaku, panda_racer, KaeruYojimbo, cyberneticimplant, bjk7382, davepesc, neotokeo2001, xeex, bmlbytes, Omegamatrix, the 5th ghost, Xebec's Demise, khryssun, vgcollector666, chadtower, moycon, Malc74, shadow460, Atarifever, Keir, supercat, FireTiger, Philflound, Fellow Atari Man, keilbaca, brendano, Cybergoth, durden26, sku_u, mitsubachi, arlo, Recycled, LarcenTyler, silverpoodleman, 128bytes, Goochman, Thomas Jentzsch, Christophero Sly, D.Yancey, mrppv666, Mordax, Numan, Mordax, vdub_bobby, Dones, Gamemaster_ca_2003, scogey, graywest, RJ, Voch, video game addict, SpiceWare, Robert M, Mad Scientist, Dan Iacovelli, Gateway, Rom Hunter, gospeedde

Scoring Points in Universal Chaos

Coming Soon

Hints and Tips

As always, you really should read the manual.

What's that? You don't have the manual? Well, AtariAge has a scanned copy of the "manual" online. However, it doesn't really provide a whole lot of information, let alone any hints.

Don't try to reverse directions - it takes way to long to do a 180. Instead, make R and L turns.

Also, at first glance it seems like a waste to spend a lot of time chasing the big blue bug. You get way more points for passing the levels than you can get for the bug.

There's a little problem with the coding with this game. You can turn up, while on the top wall. So, what you can actually do, is turn around on a dime, or hold up and wait for the demon ships.

When the ships get fast enough to outrun your car, what you do is this. Go onto the top (or bottom) row, and do the above tip, in one of the corners. Let them all line up, then when they are, just turn in their direction and hold the fire button.

Also found a glitch with the game... I actually had a shot go through a ship and the ship killed you. This happened several times.

--Ze_ro

A little better 7,480.

post-6060-1139938488_thumb.png

My tips:

Don't try to reverse directions - it takes way to long to do a 180. Instead, make R and L turns.

Also, at first glance it seems like a waste to spend a lot of time chasing the big blue bug. You get way more points for passing the levels than you can get for the bug.

EDIT: At second glance, yes, don't spend any time whatsoever chasing the blue bugs.

Edited by vdub_bobby

Thought I'd pull a "Spiceware" by posting a crap score early in the week and then throwing the hammer down in the clutch on monday night.....

Also...I wasn't able to play Omega Race last week due to not having the game or the controllers....however....my first car was a 1981 Omega(I just wasted 10 seconds of your life that you will never have back) :D

a "spiceware" huh? :lolblue: It's not like I don't post increasingly better scores between the first and last game. A lot of these games I've never played before, and I limit myself to just a few games per day so the first days results tend to be crappy as I've not yet figured out the ins and outs of the game.

Bad news at the moment - something's wrong with my system, it no longer likes my Krok Cart. It freaked out during a game tonight that I broke 40K :( The Krok Cart works fine in a friend's system so there's probably something wrong with my Atari. I posted a message in the main 2600 forum if y'all have any suggestions.

a "spiceware" huh? It's not like I don't post increasingly better scores between the first and last game. A lot of these games I've never played before, and I limit myself to just a few games per day so the first days results tend to be crappy as I've not yet figured out the ins and outs of the game.

I'm just messin wit ya...besides your early week scores blow my late week scores out of the water

Here's some tips.

There's a little problem with the coding with this game. You can turn up, while on the top wall. So, what you can actually do, is turn around on a dime, or hold up and wait for the demon ships.

When the ships get fast enough to outrun your car, what you do is this. Go onto the top (or bottom) row, and do the above tip, in one of the corners. Let them all line up, then when they are, just turn in their direction and hold the fire button.

Also found a glitch with the game... I actually had a shot go through a ship and the ship killed you. This happened several times.

Edited by keilbaca