IGNORED

Woot! My Atari collection intact and swollen!

Varan

Just talked to my mom. She confirmed that my original 2600 is still intact along with my original box of 111 games (including Quadrun, Obelix, and Waterworld) and accessory controllers (Indy 500, Star Raiders). Additionally, she told me that she has acquired 3 more VCS units over the years at yard sales along with a bunch more games. Seems she set the system up for my little brothers (11-14 years younger) to play and picked up the extra systems so she wouldn't be stuck with all those unplayable games.

Well, my brothers are teenagers now and no longer appreciate Atari 2600. So everything is boxed up in the attic along with my original NES and those games too!

Wooty woot!

Congrats on the semi-score!

I know that there are many games in my collection that I love, but none more than the ones I had as a child. There is something so rewarding about playing something you had as a child. We would all be looked at pretty strangely if we started playing with Star Wars figures, so basically, this is the only type of "toy" we can still play!

Nice titles! I did not ever send away for a game, nor did I ever assume there would be a market for boxed anything. I kept all of my toys in their boxes, thank goodness, but the game boxes are long gone.

Hope you can get it all soon, and start playing. Just an fyi: I have marked all of the games I had as a child. About a year ago, when I got into reselling consoles, I ended up selling off a set of controllers I had as a child. I did not know it at the time, and got them confused with ones from another system. I was heartbroken. I have sinced identified everything I had as a kid, so that will NEVER happen again. I recommend the same. Quadruns come and go, but I know of a fortunate few that had it as a child (I never knew it existed until two years ago!).

Let us know when you get it. If you need help repairing any of it, drop me a line!

Cassidy

Here's the thing about my Atari collection.

At the end of the Atari era all games went on sale at my local department store (Boscov's) for .99 cents. Most of the game on sale were the Atari titles with the red letters on the spine. Kangaroo, Jungle Hunt, Stargate, Crystal Castles... etc. I was never part of a mail order club. Obelix, Quadrun and Swordquest Waterworld were all sold at Boscov's... and I paid .99 cents from my allowance for each one of them. So these are part of my original collection and I have played all as a kid. I distintcly remember that "Quadrun, Quadrun, Quadrun" as that was the one of the 3 I played the most.

Odd coincidence, Boscov's little slogan was, "Have you Boscov'd today?"