IGNORED

price too high?

samedeepwater_2000

Hi. I've been lurking for months and I really enjoy reading the posts here. We just won a six switch 2600 on ebay. My daughter loves our 2600 emulator so we thought we'd get her a real one for her birthday. We got outbid on three different systems, and finally settled for this one. final bid: 66.00. Obviously we're willing to pay for it else we wouldn't have bid, but does that sound like a high price to you folks?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1356779074

Now we're looking for a nice package of games. I want all the ones I had as a kid, yeah right video cube is going for 75.00!!!

crazy.

alx

I've just got back into collecting over the last several months and I got a six-switch with 20 games for about the same price but the 20 games were all very common. You didn't do too bad. I got luck on video cube (one of my favorites as well) I was at work and logged on Ebay and there was an auction with just a few minutes left for Cube, snagged it for $25.

The 2 new in boxes (very nice addition), and the fact that it is a 6 switch Atari makes it an ok find....

Considering that you lost 3 other auctions, and the lost time and effort with that, it is fine that you finally just paid the money and got what you were after. If you had paid over 100 bucks, I might have been pretty shocked.

Here's the only reference I have to my experience, as I bought an Atari 2600 black vader just 1 month ago:

Here is the link...see what you think of how I did on this. I was a "newbie" on this message board when I bought it, so judge for yourself how well or how bad I did based on cost and the stuff I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ADME:B:EOA:US:2

I used buy it now because I thought the price had a chance of rising even above that amount.

while it has nothing to do with this topic im a cure fan too same deep water

disintegration rocks (without rocking in the metal sign sense)

"kiss me goodbye. pushingout before i sleep. cant you see i try. to swimming the same deep water as you its hard. the shallowed drowned lose less than we"

These prices are all relative, but you asked, and I hope I don't make you feel too bad, but based on what I've spent & seen, you payed way too much!!!

Sorry!

It all depends where you are, how badly you want one, how hard you looked...etc...

Kaz also spent much more than I did for a system and I got 30 games with it, some very cool titles with boxes and instructions.

I only resort to Ebay for rare and uncommon titles, or even for a common title that I have not seen for years, but not for 2600 systems. 2600 systems are all over the place, you just have to know where to look...!

II know I was lucky to find what I have found over the last 2 years, but once you find a bargain, you always hold out for another one. I have become very astute at finding Atari stuff in the wild!! It's like ESP.....and just when you are having a dry spell, BINGO! Another gem pops up!

But don't fret...I'm sure you'll find a bargain one of these days! It takes a while to become an Atari sniffer, but it's fun.

[ 06-07-2002: Message edited by: StellasGhost ]

Yeah, I agree with stellasghost here... I just picked up a 2600 system (like i need another) with 70 games for $50+shipping... Only reason I bought it was because I needed one of the games and had been looking for it for over 7 years. BTW, game was called Boing! I figured I couldn't go wrong at less than $1 a game though. It just comes down to what you're willing to go through and sacrifice fot the game(s) you want.

[ 06-07-2002: Message edited by: MattG ]

Since you were wanting one for you daughter to play and you were willing to pay that much I do not think you got ripped off. It is pretty close to the amount that I paid for mine even though I did get more common games.

One thing I would recommend to you in the future however is that I would never bid on an auction without a picture. That is just me, maybe I am a little paranoid.

I ebay stuff all the time and that is what I see them going for. If you are fortunate enough to live in an area that is "atari-rich", you might fair better at a thrift store. At some point, though, there is the time and energy factor that outweighs the extra few bucks.

2600's from reputable sources go for more than that on the web, so you did fine. If you are not mechanically inclined, or are just someone that does not want to tinker around with finding the right adaptors, ebay is wonderful.

You did fine. Enjoy your new toy! Now comes the real sickness....you know that cartridge slot fits a whole bunch of games!

Cassidy

Thanks for all your comments! Yes, I guess that price was kinda high, but when my daughter unwraps it the smile on her face will be priceless. Now I just need to build a nice collection of games! The seven it came with, well they're not really ones I would have chosen. I'm thinking about maybe talking to Sean Kelly about one of his multi-carts. Do any of you have one, and do you feel they are worth the money? I think the new version has an on-screen menu...

Thanks, I'll be here a lot now that I'm back in atari land ....

Alx

PS to the guy/girl who said also a cure fan ... Right on!