IGNORED

Super Princess Peach

Atarifever

Does anyone know what the target market is for this game? The video makes it look like a Kirby-esk 2D platformer set in the mushroom kingdom. Sadly, that means I'm going to have to bring a pink case with the words "Super Princess Peach" on it to the counter in Nintendo World if it's intended for "Everyone" everyone audiences. Anyone know if this is, in fact, for everyone or if Nintendo is aiming squarely at pre-teen girls (like with a Barbie game) on this one gameplay wise.

Here's the video of it

Edited by Atarifever

Eh, it looks like very KAWAII game. Many Japanese games tend to have huge scoops of cute in many games. I believe those games are generally marketed towards little kids or girls. On the other hand I think you might be suprised if grown women like that game. The game seems to remind me of Yoshi's World.

Like the other guy said, if you're a grown man. I think most ppl would think you're buying for your kid or such not for yourself.

Well, it isn't that I'm afraid to buy something like that, I was pretty much making a joke in that part of the post. What I wanted to know was if anyone knew what level the gameplay would be at. I buy "cute" games all the time. I'm just wondering if this is Yoshi cute or Barbie cute.

You're talking about that new Nintendo DS game right? If so I'll be the first to say it On The Record and with no problem that I for one am going to buy the game Super Princess Peach as I stroll on up to the counter with a swagger and dare the checkout guy to say something to me.

Like most of us here, I'm sure... I grew up with the Super Mario games, SP Peach looks pretty (yeah pretty) bad ass to me, and so far it's getting good reviews too. In this day and age of 2-D being an anachronism with the current gen of gamers I'll take what I can get, and it looks like Nintendo is doing something right again, though I'm still skeptical on the "Revolution" system. Even for me that one seems a bit far fetched. Will the game be a SMB 3 or Super Mario World? I somehow doubt it, but you never know. Last time I used Peach in a platformer game was Super Mario USA (SMB 2) on Famicom, by now I welcome her return.

:jango:

Edited by SHAGOHOD X99

Does anyone know what the target market is for this game?  The video makes it look like a Kirby-esk 2D platformer set in the mushroom kingdom.  Sadly, that means I'm going to have to bring a pink case with the words "Super Princess Peach" on it to the counter in Nintendo World if it's intended for "Everyone" everyone audiences.  Anyone know if this is, in fact, for everyone or if Nintendo is aiming squarely at pre-teen girls (like with a Barbie game) on this one gameplay wise.

Here's the video of it

1018771[/snapback]

Oh, maaaan... don't be that way! It's a good game, and the first traditional 2D Mario platformer in YEARS. That's all you need to know.

JR

Well if I know Nintendo (and I do) this game will ahve something for everyone. The main character is a chick, yes, but this won't be a game for little girls only. I imagine it'll be akin to SMB or Kirby in that, sure little girls will like it or whatever, but I have yet to see a Nintendo title that doesn't have some addictive hook or design that makes it endearing and fun to all but the blackest hearts. I expect the challenge to be okay. Easy enough so that Sally in grade 5 can beat it, but hard enough that video game geeks on the internet will have a decent challenge playing and getting 100% completion and seeing all there is to see

I'm buying it no matter what.

That video is hilarious. My favorite line was "You saved a toad!" And was she crying at the end there to defeat the pirahna plant? That game looks kind of cool, but if the only character you can play as is Peach, then that's a little girly. That doesn't stop me from wearing lingerie, though.

Does anyone know what the target market is for this game?  The video makes it look like a Kirby-esk 2D platformer set in the mushroom kingdom.  Sadly, that means I'm going to have to bring a pink case with the words "Super Princess Peach" on it to the counter in Nintendo World if it's intended for "Everyone" everyone audiences.  Anyone know if this is, in fact, for everyone or if Nintendo is aiming squarely at pre-teen girls (like with a Barbie game) on this one gameplay wise.

Here's the video of it

1018771[/snapback]

Oh, maaaan... don't be that way! It's a good game, and the first traditional 2D Mario platformer in YEARS. That's all you need to know.

JR

1018836[/snapback]

You can comb through previous posts if you want to see that I'm the last guy to not play a game becaue of the colour in it. Look up the Nintendo DS=girly thread if you want to see my thoughts on that sort of thing. It seems everyone thinks the part of my post I was focusing on was the part that reads:

The video makes it look like a Kirby-esk 2D platformer set in the mushroom kingdom. Sadly, that means I'm going to have to bring a pink case with the words "Super Princess Peach" on it to the counter in Nintendo World

That part is a joke where I'm saying if it is indeed the kind of game I think it is then I guess I'm buying something in a pink case.

My question was simpy if it was going to be an Everyone game or a Children's game (i.e. unbelieveably easy puzzles and a very simple level layout). The reason I'm asking is that I want so bad for this to be a real Mario Bros type platformer.

Edited by Atarifever

Yes the thought how "how gay am I going to feel buying this" has crossed my mind. But what I'm more concerned with is how the game controls. Generally games that use both the buttons and touch bad are hard to play. I want to play this because I like platformers and find the emotion aspect creative. I just hope it controls well, since really what does a clerk care, your friends are a different story however.

Well if I know Nintendo (and I do) this game will ahve something for everyone.  The main character is a chick, yes, but this won't be a game for little girls only.  I imagine it'll be akin to SMB or Kirby in that, sure little girls will like it or whatever, but I have yet to see a Nintendo title that doesn't have some addictive hook or design that makes it endearing and fun to all but the blackest hearts.  I expect the challenge to be okay.  Easy enough so that Sally in grade 5 can beat it, but hard enough that video game geeks on the internet will have a decent challenge playing and getting 100% completion and seeing all there is to see

I'm buying it no matter what.

1018846[/snapback]

Well, I'm buying Chibi-Robo tomorrow and I've been playing a lot of Pikmin over the last 2 weeks, so I don't mind Nintendo cute at all. If that's what it turns out to be, I'll be in line for it on day one.

Edited by Atarifever

I have had a DS for about 2 months and still have no games for it. This looks to be the first one I buy (I've been quite broke lately). I always loved Super Mario 2 USA, and this looks like a real sequal to it in some ways. I dunjno, this will keep us busy until MP: H and New SMB

Yes the thought how "how gay am I going to feel buying this" has crossed my mind.
Gay? Being able to watch Princess Peach for hours on end is gay? I'd rather be watching her than some scratched-up muscle guy.

1020154[/snapback]

You know what I mean, it's gotten to the point with a lot of people that anything slightly outside the normal is just considered gay. I personally could care less, my friends they are a whole other ball park though, far to concerned with image in my opinion.

Recognizing that obsession over your image for the sole purpose of impressing "peers" whose opinion you don't even value is a complete waste of time is the first and most important step on the road to individuality and manhood. The more other people worried about how "cool" they were, the less I did. Surprisingly I was the one having more fun because I wasn't always trying to impress people I don't care one bit for. Bring on the video games, the Piers Anthony books, and the rap music. Weird is in, different is great, and if someone calls you "gay" it's a reflection of their own self-doubts and not about you at all.

Weird is in, different is great, and if someone calls you "gay" it's a reflection of their own self-doubts and not about you at all.

1020681[/snapback]

All you need to do is tell 'em this...

"Enjoy your Mark Ecko's Getting Up! Oh wait, you won't, because it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then keep assaulting them with exclamation marks until they run out of the store crying.

JR

Recognizing that obsession over your image for the sole purpose of impressing "peers" whose opinion you don't even value is a complete waste of time is the first and most important step on the road to individuality and manhood.  The more other people worried about how "cool" they were, the less I did.  Surprisingly I was the one having more fun because I wasn't always trying to impress people I don't care one bit for.  Bring on the video games, the Piers Anthony books, and the rap music.  Weird is in, different is great, and if someone calls you "gay" it's a reflection of their own self-doubts and not about you at all.

1020681[/snapback]

Trust me I do what I please regardless of what my friends think. Really if they were my friends they wouldn't care anyway. It's one friend inparticular that has become more image obssesed than ever, he's also going through a "ska" phase so I don't take his opinion all that seriously.

I'm a 35 year old male and I definately plan on getting this game. I'm a fan of Mario and I'm looking forward to playing this new platformer.

Somebody posted that this is the first 2D platformer game of the Mushroom Kingdom in years. However, aren't the two Mario & Luigi games (the first one for the Game Boy Advance, the sequel for the DS) 2D games?